[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - corrupted mesh
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

corrupted mesh

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

dAn84imola

KT-Senior

Post Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:15 pm

corrupted mesh

:D hy render dude :D
I will soon post my last works, sorry for my long absence, and not posting some news.
I'll spend some times learning a bit the program an remaking old shot (hope they look better this time).

I will quest you something: why some times the model made via SketchUp isn't right renderd via kerkythea :?:
...some strange artifacts appears: I'll searched in musch tpic, but didn't find such an example #-o
See image below: I'll tried different render preset, changing the camera, other material... ](*,)
(I'll ended the shot and corrected it in post production)

Thank's for helping me :mrgreen:
Attachments
error mesch 2.jpg
render preset M.L.T.
error mesch 1.jpg
render preset B.T.
xperia u (sketchup).jpg
this is the original model I've done in SketchUp
you're welcome to visit my portfolio
www.danilovincenzo.it
<<

tridem

KT-Master

Post Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:47 pm

Re: corrupted mesh

:-k indeed seems some issue related to the mesh, perhaps faces not welded or duplicated, is the model made by you?
<<

dAn84imola

KT-Senior

Post Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:56 pm

:grin: Ciao Tridem! :grin:
Thank's for soon answering me: I'm indeed too... :x yes the model is made by my self and all the faces are only one and correctly oreinted and closed :mrgreen:
www.danilovincenzo.it
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:31 pm

could it be triangulation?
if you have a model in sketchup but you do not apply a material that contains an image texture, only a color, then you can get this triangulation artifact.
in KT, apply from Tools>Bitmap coordinates>rectangular.

<<

dAn84imola

KT-Senior

Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:02 pm

Thank's for answering me too Fletch!

I don't' know the option you explained me: can you just show what i have to do in refer to this print screen?
(I also attached a material in SK but the broken mesh still appears) ](*,)

Thank's again KT dude!
Attachments
rectangular.jpg
www.danilovincenzo.it
<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:51 am

In your attached image, there are plenty of narrow polygons in mesh. You should prepare model for rendering so that mesh has a even subdivision, like if you prepare model for displacement
example http://sketchupvrayresources.blogspot.f ... ision.html
Probably some manual work will be needed.
Thea Render and Kerkythea Rendering System, by Solid Iris Technologies
<<

dAn84imola

KT-Senior

Post Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:40 pm

...sorry dude, I'm a bit ignorant and don't understand what show in the tutorial you linked ](*,)

Like "nomeraodona" explain, I don't necessary must use the plugin subdivide & smooth (from smustard.com who isn't free): so what I have to do exactly?
:?: [... I've closed up the small chunks and increased the size of the right side of the "L" shape surface...] :?:

Any idea why with all the other model I renderized, i haven't got this kind of problem...? :-k

Thank's again.
www.danilovincenzo.it
<<

massimo

KT-Wizard

Post Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:53 pm

The best thing to do is posting the problematic part of the scene &/or model. So we can have a look at it.
<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:42 pm

Your mesh probably have detailed holes (made of polygons)? These holes will force exporter to automatically made some "ill" formed topology. You really need to work out how a good topology is created.

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthr ... -and-Loops
http://sketchucation.com/forums/viewtop ... 23&t=42460 (see how model gets subdivided around windows)
http://sketchucation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=39442
https://bitbucket.org/thomthom/quadface ... i/Features
Thea Render and Kerkythea Rendering System, by Solid Iris Technologies
<<

dAn84imola

KT-Senior

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:20 am

:mrgreen: !!! WoW !!! :mrgreen:
Thank's a lot. I was long time searching that kind of plug in: I'll follow the tutorial ad update my model.
Soon as possible I replay some news about it.
www.danilovincenzo.it

Return to Bug List