[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - jagged wonky edges
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

jagged wonky edges

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

jacobBrooklyn

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:56 pm

jagged wonky edges

wonky1.jpg
Here is what I first saw. I thought it might ave been related to how the cables were interacting with the posts.
wonky2.jpg
walkway rebuilt. wood railing without rounded corners, posts without rounded corners.
wonky1.jpg
Here is what I first saw. I thought it might ave been related to how the cables were interacting with the posts.
wonky1.jpg
wonky1.jpg
Dear smarter people,

I have spent well over 24 hours trying to eliminate some wonky parts to a rendering. I thought it might have been something funny with the components, etc. I tried everything-- including rebuilding the model completely. I did purge unused, fix errors, clean3, and whatever else i could think of to eliminate errors in the model.

The model is a large landscape site, with an elevated cable rail walkway. The only thing in the model I'm rendering is the walkway and railing. I deleted the topography and 'hidden elements' before rendering. I'm using this for a photo rendering, which I need to present-- tomorrow! So I am hoping someone here will see the symptom and say "oh, thats just the doohickie option, you need to parse your reduction".

So without further ado, here are the images--- I didn't keep track of which images are from what rendering presets, but trust me I used the recommended ones.

Thanks in advance,

Jacob in Brooklyn

wonky1.jpg

et-tu-twilight.jpg
The second thing I tried was to find a control, and I rendered in the TWILIGHT demo, the same thing was happening to the posts. This is when I decided to rebuild.
et-tu-twilight.jpg (53.56 KiB) Viewed 12194 times

wonky2.jpg
walkway rebuilt. wood railing without rounded corners, posts without rounded corners.
<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:56 pm

Re: jagged wonky edges

Is scene scale correct (A small square in KT ground grid is 1x1 meters)? Is scene located near KT world origin? Combination of those can result some odd behavior similar to this. If you new to KT, please read trough tutorials at viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5720, specially "Getting started" and "Fast Start 4 Architects".
Thea Render and Kerkythea Rendering System, by Solid Iris Technologies
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:07 pm

Re: jagged wonky edges

Return to Bug List