[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - PNG converted to JPG at export from SU 2014 to Kerkythea
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

PNG converted to JPG at export from SU 2014 to Kerkythea

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

ETBadger

Post Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:08 am

PNG converted to JPG at export from SU 2014 to Kerkythea

Hi,

After installing the latest version of SketchUp (2104) I have started getting problems with png-files exporting as jpg when using SU2KT, with subsequent loss of transparency in Kerkythea. I do not have this problem when exporting from SU 8. I have tried installing several older versions of SU2KT (including the one that works fine from SU 8) on SU 2104 but the problems persists.

A possibly related problem is that the export from SU 2014 is a bit buggy. Opening of Kerkythea after an export often hangs and has to be "kickstarted" by initiating another export (that can be cancelled once Kerkythea has started with the first export).

Has anyone a solution or workaround to this problem? I would, of course, keep using SU 8 if it wasn't for the fact that I have a pretty extensively modeled scene in 2014 that I would like to render and SketchUp's lack of backward compatiblilty make opening it in SU 8 a bit of a bitch.

I appreciate any help you can give...
<<

Student

KT-Fellow

Post Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:08 am

Re: PNG converted to JPG at export from SU 2014 to Kerkythea

cant you export it to SU8 from save as, or does it change it somehow??
<<

gerrrg

Post Tue May 20, 2014 2:20 am

I just ran into this problem, too. Here's a to the exported files for comparison between SU2013 and SU2014, to show the bug. You can see that the textures are exported out as .jpg, not the .png. Within Kerkythea, changing the material reference back to the original .png file with transparency does not work.

There is one more bug in the exporter: Selecting "instanced" produces a blank .xml file.

One more possible bug: I haven't been able to confirm this, but exporting lights did not work once, but did so, afterward.

It's a good thing I didn't uninstall SU2013 Pro.
<<

ToMasz

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu May 22, 2014 6:36 am

Thank you for the report. I will have a look at it.
Have You Tried KT's powerful sister yet?!

Return to Bug List