This forum board is in read-only mode.
FAQ  •  Login

Kerkythea Export stuck on Collecting faces - Level 0

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

mattiswithit

Post Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:55 pm

Kerkythea Export stuck on Collecting faces - Level 0

Hi all ive been having this problem all day and cant seem to find a solution that works.

ive built a fairly complicated model in sketchup (around 60mb) and want to export to to kerkythea for a render - it was working fine with this model until i did something when updating it and now it wont export a whole scene.

i run the normal plugin and it gets stuck on Collecting Faces Level 0. ive tried turning off some layers to try to isolate the problem but it happens on a few different combinations.

im running sketchup 8 on a macbook pro 2009. Any help would be much appreciated.

cheers

Matt
<<

steve6

KT-Master

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:47 pm

Re: Kerkythea Export stuck on Collecting faces - Level 0

I don't know if this is the same situation, but on some of my more complex models (for example, those with components with lots of faces and lots of high-resolution textures), I ran into exactly the same problem, even with lots of RAM. Either the export would freeze when collecting faces, or, when once in a while the model made it through, it would almost instantly crash KT.

The way I solved it was to find ways to reduce the resolution sizes of my textures (either scale down the pixel sizes or get rid of some of them altogether and apply them post-pro) and to simplify the multi-faced components within SU. Then all worked fine.
<<

mattiswithit

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:52 pm

Re: Kerkythea Export stuck on Collecting faces - Level 0

Ok great - cheers mate

Return to SketchUp