[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Model exports without materials
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Model exports without materials

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

PRSS

KT-Explorer

Post Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:11 pm

Model exports without materials

Hello

I have a 90 MB model of a 2 bedroom apartment I just bought for my son, done in Google SketchUP 8 (Free) with full interior furniture. The apartment & furniture like cots & cupboards & TV wall units, windows & doors etc.were modeled by me and few components like sofas, dining table chairs, flower vases, sinks & faucets, and quite a few accessories are from 3d warehouse.

The model contains components & groups (groups within groups - may be even 5 layers - especially the ones downloaded from 3d warehouse).

When I export to Kerkythea 2008 echo via SU2KT 3.17 / 3.17+ , the model with all the components & accessories does get exported, but when I hit "V", I can see only solid white surfaces - no materials - even if I rendered it, no materials are there. And there is no folder "TX_ xxx" which would contain the bit maps of materials from SU. Only the .xml file is there. ( I am sure I reversed all the faces properly as front face - no blue surfaces).

I am not able to upload the model here because of its size.

I tried to explode the model. Even after 3 hours, it could not complete exploding. To be honest, I have never done a model of this size. And to be honest again, I only play with SU & KT as a hobby with small models and I have always had good renders from KT and it had never been a problem exporting it to KT. This has been my first serious attempt in modelling in SU all by myself - because i was designing my son's apartment interior. (All my professional design work - architecture + interiors - are modeled for visualization by my staff - either in AutoCAD or as the outcome of Revit (from Autodesk Building Design Suite Premium)

I have TwilightRender Version 1.5 also - strangely to my pleasant surprise - the model renders with materials. So I tried exporting to KT XML through TwilightRender 1.5. But to my shock, only the apartment walls, floors & ceilings got exported - none of the furniture nor the accessories got exported. Please be assured that the whole model was exported (there was no accidental selection missing all the furniture). And no materials on the walls, ceilings and floors got exported.

How could this happen (when it rendered in TwilightRender with materials - but does not export all to KT). Since at the moment I am more familiar with KT than with TwilightRender, (kindly excuse me for saying this - TwilightRender team) I would like to finish the render in KT itself.

I have spent a lot of my personal time modeling this (as a special work for my son !!) and i don't wish to have it modeled again by my staff in AutoCAD /Revit & have them do the render in 3ds Max.

Please help me in solving the problem ( once again i say that I never had this problem before with small models done as hobby and I have always enjoyed SU & KT as my personal modeler & renderer.

Thanks in advance
PRSS
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:07 pm

Re: Model exports without materials

you're likely running out of RAM on exporting.
export in groups and then merge the files together in KT.
Export only architecture as arch.xml. Export only furniture as furn.xml. Export whatever is left as stuff.xml

merge all 3 files into KT buy File>Merge> "add new to current" for model mesh and textures.

<<

PRSS

KT-Explorer

Post Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:22 am

Thank you very much Fletch for the quick reply. I shall try that & see if it solves the problem.

But one question. If it is a question of shortage of RAM, then how is it that I am able to render it with materials in TwilightRender V1.5 ?

Is 6 GB of RAM on a Core-i5 - Nvidia GTX 540M Dell XPS Laptop running windows 7 Pro 64 bit not sufficient for a 90 MB Model ?

Thanks in advance
PRSS
<<

PRSS

KT-Explorer

Post Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:32 am

PROBLEM SOLVED !

Even exporting like what you said did not solve the problem. Still I do not know what the problem is.
May be the file was slightly corrupted, I thought.

I opened a new file and imported the entire model into the new file.
Everything got solved. So it is quite a mystery why the earlier file did not export.

With best regards
PRSS
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:11 pm

<<

PRSS

KT-Explorer

Post Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:55 pm

Thank you very much Fletch for the reply. I totally agree with you.
With best regards
PRSS

Return to SketchUp