[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Rendering trees and other 3D objects
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Rendering trees and other 3D objects

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

Frankm

Post Thu May 07, 2015 6:00 pm

Rendering trees and other 3D objects

I am a landdscape designer and have been using Kerkythea with SketchUp 8 successfully for some time. I am finally beginning to understand some of its amazing capabilities.
However, I am now using SketchUp Make, because has expired. I have carried over all of the components, but now, when I render trees and plants, it looks like the leaves are printed on separate sheets of paper. I have attached a sample. Check out the tree and the fire in the fire pit.
Is this because I am using the free version of sketchup?
thank you
Frankm
Attachments
test render.jpg
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon May 11, 2015 10:18 pm

Re: Rendering trees and other 3D objects

it is not because of the free version of SketchUp, but perhaps Tomasz can help you fix the problem with exporting .png files with transparency alpha channel correctly.

in Kerkythea you can fix this by opening the tree leave material and the fire material in the material editor and setting the alpha channel / mask channel to use the alpha channel of the texture file.

<<

Frankm

Post Tue May 12, 2015 2:20 pm

Thank you. However, I cannot find the alpha channel or mask channel option in the material editor.
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed May 13, 2015 8:50 pm

#-o

place your leaf material .png file into the alpha slot, see below.
Attachments
alphaFromPNG.jpg

<<

Frankm

Post Fri May 22, 2015 4:26 pm

Thanks, I found those channels, however, I am still having the same issue,
I have changed my "Style" in Sketchup but the trees still like cut outs in Kerkythea.
Any other suggestions?
Thanks
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun May 31, 2015 8:48 am

I am not sure I understand your problem, or more to the point, I'm not sure that you even understand your problem in order to explain what it is to us. Sorry. :lol:

The "style" of view in SU has nothing whatsoever to do with how the image or material result will render in KT...
Have you followed the Tutorials? See my signature links please!

Return to SketchUp