[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Exported Scene Different?
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Exported Scene Different?

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

marissa8

Post Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:40 pm

Exported Scene Different?

Hello all, newbie here!

I've only used KT at an object scale and/or only for clay renderings in the past, so my ignorance is pretty high. I am attempting to create a full building exterior rendering for the first time and I'm getting a pretty good handle on setting/materials and the like, but I'm having one problem that I anticipate tripping me up in the next day or so. I've looked around as much as I could and couldn't find this problem/answer, so sorry if this is a repost. :oops:

When I export my model from SU using the plugin exporter, all the tutorials I watch show this not being an issue - but my scene in SU and the corresponding scene in KT do not match. (screenshots included of each) I've fiddled with the camera and at least have gotten it to show the entire building (by changing the camera height from 25 to 50) , but if I wanted to overlay the KT rendering with a SU export in Photoshop I'm afraid they will be too different to match up.

Can anyone tell me what I"m doing wrong? Based on tutorials I've watched, I was under the impression that the exact views would be exported to KT.

Thanks in advance! (plz halp, on deadline :( )
_M.
Attachments
kerk view.JPG
sketchup view.JPG
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:37 pm

Re: Exported Scene Different?

If you use 2-point perspective in SketchUp, you can not pan the view or the view will be different when rendered in KT. It does not support panning the 2 point perspective.

<<

Qrsm

Post Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:08 pm

Re: Exported Scene Different?

I had same problem, so I checked my camera view. It was set to parallel projection. when i changed my camera to perspective it exported scene accordingly. The problem is with two-point perspective and parallel camera views.

Return to SketchUp