[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Questions about Sketchup and KT
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Questions about Sketchup and KT

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

patseguin

Post Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:32 pm

Questions about Sketchup and KT

Hey guys, I am new to 3D modeling and raytracing. I am trying various renderers with SU such as KT, Indigo, Brighter, and ArielVision. A lot of people speak highly of KT so I have begun testing it out. I built a scene with my computer desk and some items on it like a monitor, iPhone, iPad. Here is the render with Indigo:

Here is the render with KT:

The immediate problems I have are that the glass that I made is rendering as solid grey instead of the glass material I assigned in SU. The reflective surfaces I made on the monitor, iPad, and iPhone don't render with reflection either. How can I get these objects to render properly like they do in Indigo? Is there something I have to change with the materials I assigned in order to get them to render properly?

Really the whole render is not anywhere near photo realistic like my Indigo render. Have I done something wrong?

Also, is there a way to not use SU's sunlight and make the bulb in the desk lamp illuminate?
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:13 pm

Re: Questions about Sketchup and KT

Follow the threads in my signature... start with "Getting Started with KT2008 Beginners Guide"

Return to SketchUp