[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Geometric Artefacts
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Geometric Artefacts

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

hazeldesign

Post Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:43 am

Geometric Artefacts

Hi,

I am new to kerkythea but very familiar with sketchup.
I am getting geometric artefacts when I render my exported sketchup model.
If I delete some geometry from my sketchup model and then export it again the artefacts disappear.
Below are some images to show this. These are photonmap quick renders with only one light to show the problem:

Artefacts with pillar.jpg

The first image shows a pillar on the left with the artefacts.

No artefacts without pillar.jpg

The second shows how the artefacts disappear when the pillar is removed.
The artefacts also disappear if the bar is removed and the pillar put back in. And with various other combinations.

I have tried checking and redrawing the geometry in sketchup.
I have tried different methods of rendering and changing the global illumination render settings for photons, rays and accuracy.
I have tried moving the sun to see if these are strange shadows but they remain exactly the same no mater where the sun is.
I have tried different lighting options and removing my lights altogether.

I don't know what else to try.
Can anyone make any suggestions please!
Many thanks.
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:08 am

Re: Geometric Artefacts

light leaks - build ceiling and floor with thickness - approx. 30cm - 1 foot.

Return to SketchUp