[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Can't Find Alpha Channel in Bitmap Options?
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Can't Find Alpha Channel in Bitmap Options?

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

nightattheopera

Post Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:54 pm

Can't Find Alpha Channel in Bitmap Options?

This will be a little picture-heavy, sorry.

I'm having a little trouble trying to get some transparent text overlays that I've created in GIMP to show up in Kerkythea.

You can see a few of them here in my Sketchup model:

But not in Kerkythea (a common beginner problem, as I understand it).

Here's a screenshot of one of the numbers I used and it (like all the others) as you can see, is totally transparent.

Now, here's where I'm running into the most trouble. I was following a on this very forum about this very problem and hit a snag when I got to step 5.

There is no box or anything for selecting/editing an Alpha Channel in my Bitmap Options box. What am I doing wrong?

<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:58 am

Re: Can't Find Alpha Channel in Bitmap Options?

is your image file saved in PNG with transparency format? (no other format will work.)

Make sure the face that has the text image on it is 1cm or 1/2" in FRONT of the face of the wall behind it.
If it's an un-exploded PNG FORMAT texture image file inserted directly in SketchUp "as image", then SU2KT should theoretically automatically set all the material up for you, you just can render. But the image face can not share 3D space with the wall face.

<<

nightattheopera

Post Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:39 am

Re: Can't Find Alpha Channel in Bitmap Options?

Yup! I only work with .png. I ended up having to cheat by taking the texture of the wall and putting it and the text together in Photoshop, then re-texturing the wall as seen in the photo.

But I'm still having problems with the transparency of other items in other models. Things that can't be so easily "cheated" as mentioned above. I've tested just about every combination of image, texture, grouped, and exploded that I possibly can and still cannot get things to cooperate. Additionally, there is still no "add alpha channel" option in my Bitmap Options section. Is my version of Kerkythea simply out of date?

Nothing in the picture is touching anything else.

Return to SketchUp