[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Strange seemingly random color saturation differences
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Strange seemingly random color saturation differences

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

chris.btbi

Post Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:39 pm

Strange seemingly random color saturation differences

Hi,

I've exported a floorplan I've done from Sketchup to KT and everything appears normal except when I go to render my model. Upon rendering it seems to, almost at random, change the saturation level of certain rooms (walls, floors and shadows). I've uploaded an attachment of my xml file and textures and a jpg render with several areas circled in red to demonstrate what I'm referring to. If you could point me in a direction to fix this issue I'd really appreciate it! I've been going a little crazy trying to troubleshoot it lol. :P

Thank you,

Chris Burke
Attachments
test3.jpg
Base.zip
(310.13 KiB) Downloaded 1158 times
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:39 am

Re: Strange seemingly random color saturation differences

You must use higher quality PM/FG rendering settings. Or just use PTP render setting when you only have sun/sky as the lighting for a scene.

Check these tutorials:

<<

chris.btbi

Post Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:36 am

Hey Fletch,

Thanks for the reply! I looked through your recommended links. I have played with settings for hours and still can't figure out what is going on why some shadows and colors in rooms are so much darker. I'm honestly thinking it's either a software glitch or some faces in Sketchup being inverted or something. I even tried the PTP rendering and after about 60 passes (which took a substantial amount of time btw lol), it still does the same thing. I thought maybe it was a wierd thing with the textures but even applying default Kerkythea textures does the same thing. Would it help if I attach the Kerkythea xml file for you to help diagnose the issue?

Thank you!

Chris
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:17 am

be sure your faces are not reversed. only paint front faces. especially if the problem spaces are consistent no matter what render setting is being used... then it's a problem with the model, or the materials (less likely).
I wouldn't be able to diagnose an .xml file.
A better image demonstrating how it's still a problem even with PTP render setting might be helpful.

<<

chris.btbi

Post Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:35 pm

Thanks Fletch, here are three images demonstrating how it's still an issue. Per your suggestion I made sure all faces facing the camera were front facing. This is demonstrated by the Sketchup exported image attached with the default material applied. I exported a version with my textures applied and a clay version as well. The clay version attached is a PTP render after 125 passes and clearly demonstrates the issue I'm having.
Attachments
Kerkythea Clay Render 125 Passes PTP.png
Sketchup Direct Export Default Material.jpg
Kerkythea Render With Materials.jpg
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:47 pm

I honestly have no clue what you're talking about. What exactly is the problem?

<<

chris.btbi

Post Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:09 pm

Ok lol, let me see if I can explain it better. Do you see how the sketchup export (the grey one) every face has the same color? When I export that and render that (the tan one), it's like the smaller the room size the darker the shadows get. I thought it was a problem with the model too, but I made a much simpler model from scratch and it did the same thing. It's like it randomly desturates some shadow colors and also, the smaller the room size it renders those rooms darker.
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:25 pm

That's perfectly normal for physically accurate light. :?
Smaller room allows less light into the space.

I'd imagine you'd have the same result even with MLT or MLT/BiPT but you can give it a try.

Return to SketchUp