[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - KST-Animation Export V 1.0
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

KST-Animation Export V 1.0

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

u3dreal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:28 pm

KST-Animation Export V 1.0

Ok now i have gone a little futher with my kst animation export script.

So it's time to make it public !!

I though it would be handy to have a script that will export the .kst directly from Blender.

So here it is KSTExport 1.0

INFO:
You need to use Blend2KT !!!!!!!!!!!!
Put the script in your .blender/scripts folder..
Set KT as renderer -- disable execute KT.
Set yafray export dir !!
Save your scene !

Run the KSTExport script -- scripts-export-Kerkythea Animtion .kst

Options:

ANIMATED ONLY
Export one xml for each frame with animated objects only
and render it with the script. Make sure to set the drawtype to
"solid" to mark the object as animated.

ANIMATE CAMERA - will overwrite "animate all"
So now for a flythrough we only get two files
one scene xml and one kst file ... so all the info on camera movement
is in the .kst. This is very handy as i got rid of reloading the scene
for every frame. camera transform, focal length and distance are animated.

ANIMATE GEOM - will overwrite "animate all"
Same as for the camera can be done for each objects.
Also only the transform is exported so no deformation will be exported
use Animated only instead. Make sure to set the drawtype to
"solid" to mark the object as animated.

LOCK CACHE
Will lock the irradiance cache after first frame
FOR PM ONLY.

LOCK OCTREE
Will lock the octree environment.
FOR FLYTHROUGH ONLY !!!!.

HOWTO:
Open the scene KerkytheaExport0001.xml
Set render/light settings in KT and save the scene !
Run .kst script (will also be in export dir, named scenename.kst)

Wait until rendering is finished.. .. .. .. .. ..
The final renderings will be saved in ktexportdir/secenename-rendered

Now use any programm to convert image sequence to avi.
I use Virtualdub-1.7.2 which is very handy. ;)

Any ideas on how to improve the script are welcome.

cheers

u3dreal ;)
Attachments
KSTExport1.0.rar
INSTALL :
unpack into your .blender/scripts dir !
(1.84 KiB) Downloaded 870 times
KT-TEAM -- Max2KT dev / Blender script writer
macbook 2.16 2GB
<<

afecelis

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:48 pm

<<

Yaroslav_L

Post Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:53 am

Photorealistic
computer projection
& design of architecture
constructions, interiors, furniture, landscape.
www.3DXATA.com.ua
<<

u3dreal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:27 am

macbook 2.16 2GB
<<

Miikka1978

Post Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:45 am

Question?

<<

u3dreal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:28 am

Re: Question?

macbook 2.16 2GB
<<

balder

KT-Senior

Post Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:36 am

This is undoubtly a very usefull script. Unluckily i am not involved in any animation project at the moment, but i will test it asap. As for suggestions...well, sun animation would be a great thing to start with ;)

..and finally: i don't know how this could really work (in terms of agreements and development), but for big animations i have used rendering services by ResPower (www.respower.com): they have very accessible programs for Blender users ,and you can choose the internal renderer or yafray (this is not spam, i really think it's a valuable way to render big animations on a BIG renderfarm at very low fees, such as 60 bucks for a whole month to more than 100 rendering nodes...i managed to render a 15 min 24fps animation in yafray with global illumination in a few days, check my company website http://www.directo.it/portfolio.php?id_cat=2 to get a short sample).
Finding a way to get animations rendered with Kerkythea on ResPower would really do the trick (for me at least ^_^).
Keep it up.
<<

werdj

Post Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:43 am

<<

Offbeat70

Post Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:54 am

Problems with camera

Attachments
phyton_error.jpg
<<

u3dreal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:17 am

macbook 2.16 2GB
<<

u3dreal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:26 am

Re: Problems with camera

Attachments
TargetCam.py.zip
(868 Bytes) Downloaded 662 times
macbook 2.16 2GB
<<

Arnaud

Post Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:39 am

Hi there
I'm a newbie with KT (and blender as well) but i decided to try to render a short (25 frames) animation on KT.

I followed the steps described in the first post (exported from blender with "animated only" and "first frame" enabled) and everything went well, I saved the "scene" (not the image) executed the script (in this case named "wolf animated.kzx") found in the directory where the "kerkytheaExport0001.kzx" (1 to 25) where made and where an empty folder named "wolf animatedrendered" was also found.

A little clock counted up to 100% then ... what?

The KT window went smaller and the rendered images could not be found anywhere (I thought they would be in the empty folder...but it was still empty).

could someone help me find out what went wrong.

Thanks a lot.

PS using blender2kt made from blender 2.48 and KT2008 echo edition v2.0.19

French and english answers will be understood
<<

Arnaud

Post Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:45 am

Ok just to add more info that might help understand what I did, it seems that in addition to the "kerkytheaExport0001.kzx" (1 to 25) files that were created, I also have 25 .jpg files all of them black. As if Blender tried to render at the same time it was creating the export frame
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:48 pm

<<

Arnaud

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:20 pm

Last edited by Arnaud on Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Next

Return to Blender