[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - win32 Blender2KT exporter (first steps)
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

win32 Blender2KT exporter (first steps)

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

patricks

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:30 pm

win32 Blender2KT exporter (first steps)

Hello everybody

I can now announce the first steps of Kerkythea integration into Blender 2.42 ( like yafray :wink: ) made possible by JMS 8)

As I say this are the first steps and so please don't expect much for the moment because it is to early .

Right now all the geometry , lights and camera are exported to KT and rendered , the rendered image is saved as png in the folder were you have installed Blender2KT exe, so for the moment you don't see the final image in Blenders render window but this will be fixed in future release . The models are exported with default material ( no color or other material parameters) .
JMS has started from scratch a new Blender2KT exporter that will allow use to export "strands" like we can do with yafray but we will have to wait until it is ready for testing 8)
You can access Kerkythea from Blenders render panel just like you access yafray .

Right now it is not for any serious work and it is only a work in progress ...
You can download Blender2KT at :
http://cobalt3d.free.fr/images_3dblender/kerkythea/

(unzip the exe in the folder were you have your Blender exe installed ( Blender 2.42))
All credits goes to JMS 8) Thank you very much :wink:

Greetings Patrick
Last edited by patricks on Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

blane

Post Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:51 pm

What a wonderful idea. This will be great for anyone using Blender with KT. I imagine it will also interest many Blender users who have never heard of KT. I'll watch this space with great anticipation.
<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:54 pm

Not tried it yet, but before i start i'd like to thank JMS as well,
for his efforts no matter how far he will go with the exporter! :D

thank you jms! 8)
<<

tango13

KT-Explorer

Post Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:17 pm

WHOA!!!
This sounds really great, can't wait to see something!!!

Thank you,
Piero

EDIT: exe file? Is it (and will be) only for windows? :(
<<

ToMasz

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:24 pm

Realy great news!
Thanks JMS!
Tomasz
<<

patricks

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:27 pm

<<

tango13

KT-Explorer

Post Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:28 pm

<<

u3dreal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:15 pm

Great hopefully i can switch to Blender now ... ;-)

maybe i should take a look at phyton so i can help with integeration.. ;)

cheers to all

u3dreal ;)
<<

afecelis

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:12 am

yup, awesome news. And yup, I also switched to blender from 3dsmax for many of the stuff I do for work. I still go back to max every now and then for very specific stuff but blender is covering most of my needs and improved my modeling workflow by a ton. Kt's integration will take it even further into the pro leagues.

thanks JMS! :D

@U3dreal: I assume you use max for all of your stuff?
<<

u3dreal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:58 am

<<

afecelis

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:04 pm

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D ... rt_scripts
http://jmsoler.free.fr/didacticiel/blen ... t00_en.htm

and I switched not only cause I found how cool blender was but also because the upgrades are way too expensive (you can get softimage foundation for it and still have a couple of hundred bucks left). And the more you learn from it the more you find things are created easier in blender (spcially particles and rigging characters). Bus as I said, and since my job is mainly in architecture, I still go back to render some stuff with max and Final render. Fortunately blender's internal renderer is getting better, and then there's Yafray and of course!!!.... KERKYTHEA :wink:
<<

ToMasz

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:43 pm

I know that is an early stage but It works very well :)
Rendering process (including exporting) 13sec.
Waiting for new verisons to test.
Tomasz
<<

u3dreal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:05 pm

<<

u3dreal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:58 pm