[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Linux Blender2KT exporter
This forum board is in read-only mode.
FAQ  •  Login

Linux Blender2KT exporter

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

jms

KT-Master

Post Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:06 pm

My work for blender
Oldy but goldy french group :
<<

tango13

KT-Explorer

Post Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:35 pm

Hmm... are you really sure you included them in the new patch? :D
Call me crazy, but I just downloaded it and still can't find them... :)

Ciao,
Piero
<<

jms

KT-Master

Post Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:29 pm

My work for blender
<<

tango13

KT-Explorer

Post Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:00 pm

<<

jms

KT-Master

Post Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:08 pm

My work for blender
<<

tango13

KT-Explorer

Post Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:30 am

<<

afecelis

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:10 am

<<

phs

Post Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:45 pm

Any tips for applying the B2K patch and building?

<<

afecelis

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:35 pm

mmm, weird, bin version of Tango's "T" build runs fine here (suse 10.1). What's the console output?
<<

phs

Post Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:14 am

Hi afecelis,

Thanks for getting back so quickly!

Sorry -- I got the error wrong (been doing lots of different testing lately...)

What actually happens when I run the binary from jms' site is that it fails with:

"Floating point exception (core dumped)"

So, I was thinking that since building Blender from CVS works, I might be able to patch in the B2KT stuff, and then build it myself. Plus, then I might be able to play around with 64-bit builds also (although I guess K is just 32 -bit at this point).

Anyway, I'm certainly open to suggestions (as well as the distinct possibility that I'm just doing something stupid). It should be possible to just copy the blender2KT for Linux, v.003t binary to /usr/bin and then run it, right?

Thanks!

-- Paul
<<

afecelis

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:49 am

right, or you could download a dynamic version of blender, uncompress it somewhere in your /home directory and paste it there for testing purposes. This is where I usually paste the different executables available (blend2pov, blend2kt, blendplus, blenderbuilds, etc) :wink:
screenie:
<<

tango13

KT-Explorer

Post Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:40 am

Hi Paul,

I suspect your problem might arise from the fact that you are on a 64-bit architecture, right?
I've seen this kind of things (although rarely) when using 32-bit executables on 64-bit machines.
Compiling a 64-bit version of Blender2KT would be great, but as you already understood, you need the CVS snapshot that was in Blender CVS at the time of jms' release of his patch.
The "Hunk failed..." error is most likely (99.999999999% :lol: ) due to this patch-CVS misalignment: try to find the CVS snapshot as of 2006-11-15 (the date of jms' patch) on Blender site or try to checkout it directly from Blender CVS (with the -D option, it should work but I have never tried it myself).
If all this fails, you should be a little patient and wait until jms releases a new patch... :D
Please let us know how things evolve.

Ciao,
Piero
<<

tango13

KT-Explorer

Post Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:37 pm

I can confirm that the -D option works with Blender CVS. ;)
You can go ahead then and grab the nov 15 snapshot.

Ciao,
Piero
<<

phs

Post Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:18 pm

Thanks afecelis and tango13!

@tango13 -- I was actually trying this all on a 32-bit install, but probably didn't make that very clear. I'll try to build again with the snapshot from Nov 15 and see how that goes. It may take a few days, but I'll definitely post an update.

-D looks promising...
<<

phs

Post Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:42 pm

OK -- blender2KT is now working on Ubuntu Edgy (32-bit)! I was able to grab the Nov 15 CVS snapshot, apply the patch, and then build with no problem.

The Blender render window doesn't show anything until the render is finished, and sometimes it remains black even after the render is completed, but that may be because I'm running Beryl. When I render from within K, the render window seems fine. More testing is in order here...

Anyway, I can now get work done!

Thanks again for your help, afecelis and tango13!

-- Paul
PreviousNext

Return to Blender