FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

MAX2009 -> OBJ -> KT ????? Help please!

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

JTB

KT-Explorer

Post Sat May 03, 2008 3:38 pm

MAX2009 -> OBJ -> KT ????? Help please!

THIS IS A QUESTION OF ONE OF MY FRIENDS THAT HAS PROBLEMS WITH INTERNET ACCESS...

MAX2009 has a new way to export obj files, via a plugin.... (Yes, they had to change this too!)
The problem is that it is not as it used to be.... Till now, we had to export and grouping by material and everything was OK.... The process is this... Revit -> Max -> OBJ -> KT...
It was so simple..... When we changed the model, we import the new one in KT and just replaced mesh (keeping mats).
Now, I can't export correctly.... If I have to deal with objects, then the list is too big and it is not always correct to group them because for example a wall of type "EXTERIOR 25CM" can have red or green color but it will always appear as "EXTERIOR 25CM".Using 3ds doesn't help.

Anyone has any idea? I don't want to export the scene from MAX to KT directly because I will have to change all the mats in MAX for no reason. It was so nice till this last release :(
<<

JTB

KT-Explorer

Post Fri May 09, 2008 9:40 am

This is the first time my friend needs my help, and I have no idea what to answer.... Please give me any tip possible. :?

Return to 3dsMax