[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - GMAX2K 0.007
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

GMAX2K 0.007

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

u3dreal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:30 am

GMAX2K 0.007

Hi for everyone who wanted it ...

i also included the grabtool...run it and grab to file after export.
Put the other two files in gmax/scripts/startup.

enjoy..

u3dreal ;)
<<

afecelis

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:38 am

woooooooooooohooooooooooooo! I'm trying it out immediately! :D
Thanks U3dreal!
<<

afecelis

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:58 am

It's working nicely!! :wink: Thanks! Gotta make up a nice scene to show.

This will bring Gmax back from the dead!
<<

afecelis

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:45 am

I'll start with something done quick and dirty! The K scene (just getting to know the script better and testing things are working ok in Gmax):
Gmax file:
http://afecelis.gdlib.net/Kerkythea/Kscene01.gmax
K xml file:
http://afecelis.gdlib.net/Kerkythea/Kscene01.xml

quick questions:
Only target spot and omni lights are supported?
K emitter and k dielectric materials = ?
Standard Gmax materials support images for difuse maps?

more to come!
<<

u3dreal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:16 pm

<<

u3dreal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:24 pm

<<

afecelis

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:44 pm

I know, it's working great! :wink: And the grab utility does a great job. Now the tough work (even with a simple scene) is in tweaking the proper parameters. I guess it will be time to show some work in the WIP thread to get my arse seriously kicked!! lol.

And waiting for the grabbing process is not a problem at all. The important thing is that it's doing its job.
And now back to the tough part; trying to get my lighting scheme to look like the banner's :wink:
<<

Dan

KT-GrandMaster

Post Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:07 pm

Gregor,

Thanks alot for your work!
I really didn't expect a so qiuck reaction from you... :roll:
I'm excited to try it out.
Thanks again!

afecelis,

Thanks for your support and for the two scenes.
I downloaded them all and going to (re)install gMax on my machine.
More than shure I'll be back with questions about using Slgrab and the listener... :oops:

Thanks again!

Dan
<<

afecelis

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:17 pm

NP Dan! I wanted it as much as you! :wink:

about the Grab utility, here's a quick tut:(remember to place the files in Gmax's scripts/startup directory)

-With your scene ready(lights-camera-materials) do the following steps:
1.Click on the utilities panel (the one that looks like a hammer).
2.Click on the MaxScript Button (Gmax2k should be displayed in the utilities dropdown list)
3.Click on "open listener"
4.The listener opens (similar to notepad)
5.Select Gmax2k from the dropdown list, now we can see the Gmax2k info.
6.Double click on the "grab" executable (included in the download). It should appear floating above Gmax.
7.We got everything ready! Click on "export scene"

-Now the second part:
8.The info scene starts to show up in the listener but after a while the listener closes. Don't worry, things are still being written to it.
9.We can see the export process progress here.

-And the final part:
10. When exporting is done, you'll get a "scene exported to listener" message.
11.Now it's time to click on the "Grab" button. Wait for a while. It takes some time to grab all the info in the listener. The more complex the scene the longer it will take.
12.Once done, a "save as" window will be displayed. Give your file a name and place it in the folder you wish. No need to add the xml extension. The file is an xml by default.

Open K and have fun!
:wink:
pretty cool , huh?
<<

Dan

KT-GrandMaster

Post Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:50 pm

Thanks for this really detailed tutorial, afecelis!

It's time to go to work, but I have one little problem to solve yet ( :oops: )
My license number for GMax isn't good anymore (or, at least, that's what the GMax installer says...)
So, I entered TurboSquid asking for a new license number, and I'm waiting for it for about three hours now...
Hopefully I'll get it...

Thanks again for your effort!
I can't wait to test your scene.

BTW, I think it isn't a GMax scene, so what format was it and how did you import it?
I downloaded some importers for GMax, but didn't tried them yet...

Dan
<<

afecelis

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:54 pm

<<

u3dreal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:59 pm

<<