[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Black results in exporting Max to KT
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Black results in exporting Max to KT

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

alexandersimanov

KT-Senior

Post Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:03 am

Black results in exporting Max to KT

Hi everybody. Finally I was able to export a 3dsmax model to KT. Now I have another problem: in KT the model appears absolutely black, the only way to visualize it is thru the wire mode. I inserted lights, globals, etc. and nothing happened. Besides, as I am not a current user of 3dsmax, I don't know how to open the dialog box of the Max2KT exporting plugin. This dialog box appeared just once, and now I'd like to export other models, and I don't know what to do. I'll appreciate very much any help.
<<

Frederik

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:59 am

Why don't you just export your .max file to a .obj-file..??
Also - make sure that the textures are exported... ;)
Cheers
Kim Frederik

“…When a decision is made it’s important that you implement it quickly.”
<<

JTB

KT-Explorer

Post Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:08 am

I am not a good Max user too, so what I do, is run the script again....
The reason your model is black can be

1. Missing textures (KT cannot find the textures you apply to the materials
Edit your materials in KT to see if this is true (the preview scene will be black too)
2. Maybe, a scale problem (there is an option for this in the exporter dialog)
3. Maybe it is not correct but try to check the default renderer in Max, is it standard?

Sorry, difficult day today, I haven't the time to test it myself so I give you some possible answers.

Return to 3dsMax