[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - What is the diference
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

What is the diference

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

Rafa

KT-GrandMaster

Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:58 am

What is the diference

Maybe is a little off topic here, but is an Adesk question.

What are the diferences between 3dMax, ViZ and Maya?
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:29 am

want my very dumbed-down explain?
Maya is for making animations... like children's cartoons. It got very popular and the Adesk giant swallows it's competition when it gets around 3% market share.

Max is also animation software (both are modeling too) but Max is umm... extremely deep and complex. Lots of features...

Viz is the wimpy little brother of Max... made for Architectural visualizations. Actually it's a stripped-down version of max (no fur, no liquid dynamics, no - you know - useless stuff for architects.)

Viz is now officially dead. They started producing Max and Max "Design" now (replaced Viz). Max "Design" will let you do almost anything as Max can do now... except for development via the SDK.

<<

Rafa

KT-GrandMaster

Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:59 am

Oh!, I neaded that kind of simple explanation, thanks. :D
<<

rossgalloway

KT-Explorer

Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:04 pm

<<

alex

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:50 pm

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
<<

rossgalloway

KT-Explorer

Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:01 pm

<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:48 am

umm... MentalRay was created first, and one of the students of MentalRay learned from him, and then broke off and created Vray... at least this is the story I heard.

MentalRay recently went thru a major usability overhaul and is MUCH EASIER THAN EVER to use - render settings, and materials... all super easy compared to the past.

So... I've never rendered with V-ray and can't comment on it. :oops: but you can make just as good renderings with either engine.

Mray is now packaged with Adesk products... so no reason in my mind not to use it... if you own Max for instance. why pay another thousand for Vray?

but Vray free exists... legal copy... if you look for it.
I downloaded it the day before I found KT :lol: can you tell which I chose - Vray or KT :?:

<<

rossgalloway

KT-Explorer

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:43 am

thanks for the info. We have max at work, so i should learn mental ray sometime, but i never really have had an opportunity. They always want to send the rendering work to China or Argentina and not let me take a crack at it.

oh well, thats what grad school is for i guess. gotta go back there soon.
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:00 am

well, Ross, you gotta take the bull by the horns.

what I did was render a real project on my own time after hours and show it to my boss when it was 'cool' and tell him it was 'just a little something I did for practice'... he was blown away and took it to the client that day.

after one or two of those I was 'in.'

<<

rossgalloway

KT-Explorer

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:45 pm

Return to 3dsMax