[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - M2K 0.3
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

M2K 0.3

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

u3dreal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:12 pm

M2K 0.3

Hi all ..

here we go ..after the browser crshed 3 times now ..i will only
post a quick version..

install:

go to "customize"-"customize user interface"- select "toolbars" from tab..

choose u3dtools form category then drag an drop the plugin

into any toolbar you want-..simply click the button to start M2K

Have Fun

u3dreal ;)
KT-TEAM -- Max2KT dev / Blender script writer
macbook 2.16 2GB
<<

patricks

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:44 pm

Thanks allot Gregor 8) :!:

Greetings Patrick
<<

u3dreal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:49 pm

Ok here we go with the describtion..

added diffuse, plastik, metal, glass, emitter mat

added multi/sub materials

added envsettings

added daylightsystem to use with physical sky ... just set location date and time within max.

added "true" cameramodel.. lets you choose between different real cameras and calcs the DOF with preview in viewport

EDIT: This will not work with the current beta as Giannis has to fix the DOF..

and some i might have missed-...... feedback wanted. ;-)

u3dreal ;)
<<

u3dreal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:42 pm

NO FEEDBACK KILLS DEVEKOPEMENT..

Noone really uses m2k ?? :cry: :cry:

If yes why not improve it by giving feedback ??

:)

u3dreal ;)
<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:29 pm

hmm... it seems that your exporter is much more appreciated in
indigo renderer... i don't know... i think that's partly because the
majority of the users here use SU instead of 3dsmax.

well, just some thoughts...
giannis
<<

clipi

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:44 pm

Well I really think you did an incredible work with both Indigo and Kerkythea exporter for Max.. but as you know even the Yafray exporter for Max was not used that much. The reason? well, most studios companies that spend thousand of dolar in 3d max do not belive that a freeware software is worthed that much time and effort, so they either buy VRAY or Maxwell... so that mean that we move here in the low to mid range of users. Unless somebody uses a student version or something else.. I realy do not belive that we will see that many max user.
This is also unfortunate since you max plug-in is the only way to get animation with KT.

I personaly advocate more for a nice, powerful and cheap companion to KT such as SILO (perhaps you could write a SILO, plug-in!!) or Hexagon very afordable at the $100 range, but yet very powerful.

Full integration with the new Blender API will certainly push KT forward as well.

Still I belive that your work does not go "unapreciated"

Thanks.
<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:23 am

on the other hand i see that the exporter is more "successful" for
the indigo users. perhaps, it's the nature of the renderer that does this
and just perhaps with bipt and later with MLT/ERPT the exporter
will become very powerful for KT as well.
giannis
<<

u3dreal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:40 am

Yes there are many pro max users and it seems
that MLT is very poplar at the moment.

They will come ... :lol:

u3dreal ;)
<<

u3dreal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:41 am

On the other hand i get nearly no feedback there as well..

But here we have the team ..;)

u3dreal ;)
<<

patricks

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:30 am

Hi Gregor :)

Pleas keep up your work with m2k :!:

I bet that once KT get the ultimate fix and maybe some more features and we go to participate in big render challenges like on CG talk or other places , there will be a big Ohhhhhh !!! and then you will have allot of feedback from new pro users :wink:
(we could even work as a team for the render challenge , one for the camera/scene composing another for materials , one for light setup ... etc 8) )

Greetings Patrick
<<

u3dreal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:55 am

yes we really should take part in a renderchallange...

as a team ...

i would go for lightning...

u3dreal ;)
<<

patricks

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:01 am

I would go for materials/Textures UV mapping and/or modeling :)

Greetings Patrick
<<

gksl4

KT-Senior

Post Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:15 pm

Hello Gregor,

I use an education version of 3d-Max 7 only for importing max files (car models) and then exporting in 3ds or obj for using in KT. In the case of obj unfortunatelly I can use them only by importing in Hexagon 2 and then exporting again and saving in obj format which KT can now load. Obj from Max cause KT to load them 99% and then nothing. How can I install your exporter in Max ?

Thanks,

George
<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:00 pm

george,

have you tried the beta 1.3.03-PB2? this should not have any problems
loading the obj...
<<

gksl4

KT-Senior