[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Silo Subdivision modeling and Kerkythea rendering
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Silo Subdivision modeling and Kerkythea rendering

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

jenn109

Post Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:49 pm

Silo Subdivision modeling and Kerkythea rendering

Thanks for all your hard work on K, I am impressed with the intuitive nature and professionalism of the interface. I have just started learning about the controls and begun my first test renders.

I have just imported an airplane model to K to render. It was saved in the .obj format out of Silo 1.42. Before I exported I check the normals orientation and tried to prevent overlapping edges. I am very happy with the basic view in my first render attempts but the surfaces are more faceted then the model was in Silo. Is there a limit to the ability torender a subdivision surfaced model. Do I have to increase the poly count?

Thanks for your assistance
Mike
<<

Fade

KT-Explorer

Post Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:04 pm

You need to add smoothing to your material. Since the exported model doesnt contain any information about the sub-divisions.
Right click on your material you want to smooth and click the max angle you want to smooth. That should do the trick.
When there's an exporter for Silo the smoothing will also be handled.

-Fade-
<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:30 pm

K at the current moment does not understand anything about subdivision
surfaces... you have to provide all the triangulation at the finest level
in the obj file.

although this is a modelling job, i am always thinking of providing such
small procedures on top of the render engine, like verter welding,
smoothing (which already exists), etc..

greetings,
giannis
<<

jenn109

Post Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:07 pm

Subdivision Info, thanks

Thanks to both of you for your quick reply. I am always appreciative of how supportive these user-centric forums are.

Mike
<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:41 am

Re: Subdivision Info, thanks

Return to Silo