[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Lamp Shade Black Spot?
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Lamp Shade Black Spot?

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

Dave R

KT-Warrior

Post Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:11 pm

Lamp Shade Black Spot?

Lamp render1st.jpg

This post is probably in the wrong forum. If so, I apologize.

The above is from a render I'm working on. I'm trying to sort out why I have the black areas on the lamp shade and I wonder if anyone might have a solution. I used the Basic Glasses F5 preset for the glass in the shade and then put in the material I used in the SketchUp model in both Diffue and Transmitted. There's an omni light inside the shade where the light bulb would be. Is the problem with my material or with the light? It looks like the shade has been burned.

thanks for any help.
<<

massimo

KT-Wizard

Post Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:15 pm

Re: Lamp Shade Black Spot?

Dave, I'm not sure to understand how the shade should be and also how you built the material. So maybe you can post some SS of the mat? Or the KT's scene? Anyway there are several ways to do a lamp shade mat: look for example under "plastcs" or .
You can easily tweak them for your needs. Those mat sould work better with unbiased presets. :grin:
<<

Dave R

KT-Warrior

Post Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:21 pm

Thank you, Massimo.

I'll take a look at your links. I wound up changing to another glass preset and it seems to be working much better. It's still chugging along rendering but you can see, no black areas.

Lamp render2nd.jpg

The material still needs adjustment so maybe I'll learn something in your links. The omni light is kind of large, too.

By the way, is there a way to get the color from the lamp shade glass to show on the background?
<<

irwanwr

KT-Fellow

Post Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:55 pm

<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:40 pm

I think that's in the transmittance channel. you must render with a setting with "caustics".

Return to Tutorials