[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Getting-Started-Scene-XML.zip
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Getting-Started-Scene-XML.zip

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

rob6759

Post Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:46 am

Getting-Started-Scene-XML.zip

Hi, Just installed KT and Sketchup plug in, and started reading the Getting-Started_KT2008_1-01.pdf, I cant get any links to: Getting-Started-Scene-XML.zip to work, I read a mention that it is in fact also called: Bedroom-Modern-2.zip (this is a SU version), subsequent threads fixing broken links (in the last few years) also dont work, help, can some point me to either of these files.

Is KT dead and buried - and should I move on - or is it worth considering ??, at this time just looking for a relatively simple renderer for SU, or is there any other software of this nature available (ie free !) I should be looking at.
<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:56 pm

Re: Getting-Started-Scene-XML.zip

There is a alternative tutorial at viewtopic.php?p=63986#63986
Thea Render and Kerkythea Rendering System, by Solid Iris Technologies
<<

rob6759

Post Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:02 pm

Many thanks for that link, will take a read.

I take it all back, Kerkythea seems to be doing most of what I want, not too basic, not too complicated though still getting to grips with some of it ... shame its not being developed further.
<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:36 pm

If you want more advanced features, there always Thea Render ;) Anyhow, KT still works fine as it is.
<<

rob6759

Post Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:59 pm

I might get my wallet out if I need more ! Thanks.
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:44 am

We lost the forum, and in the aftermath many of the old links were lost forever :(
Be sure to check the resources for download from the main KT website, and we'll try to hunt down the old materials when people let us know what is missing - as you've done here.

<<

rob6759

Post Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:31 pm

Ok thanks, I'll post up any missing links if I come across them.

In your Getting Started Guide.pdf (1st file on your Downloads/Documentation page):
http://www.kerkythea.net/cms/documentat ... 8_1-01.pdf
.. on page five is this link:
http://ww38.kerkythea.org/users/frederi ... ne-XML.zip
.. to a file I referred to earlier in this thread, it just brings up a blank page ...

Under Downloads, the link to the software takes you to V2.0.19, not the latest version (Boost - I assume thats the latest version) - which I stumbled across on a forum thread, your home page still refers to the 'echo' version.

Has someone just removed the 'Login' requirement for a lot of tutorials ?? which is good news.
<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:30 pm

kerkythea.org is a old site. Not owned for long time by Solid Iris, if I recall. I would not try to download anything from there. Sorry to say, old file repository is gone... so everything that exists now can be found from forum attachments or from http://www.kerkythea.net/cms/index.php/downloads
<<

rob6759

Post Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:59 am

Thanks, Kerkythea became Thea Renderer then ??, just out of interest I had a quick look at the Forum section of their website (http://www.thearender.com/forum/) but couldn't see any technical type threads, just examples of work and general chats, was I looking in the wrong place.
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:35 am

rob, it's likely that you can not see all sections of Thea forum because you are not signed in. Guests have limited access to forum content.

<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:40 pm

<<

rob6759

Post Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:51 pm

Ahh yes, just registered, shame the good bits I was after (the tutorials) are limited to registered customers.
<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:08 pm

Some Thea resources are limited (like Solid Iris material libraries and model packs), but most are available via forum or from resources http://www.thearender.com/cms/index.php/resources.html
<<

rob6759

Post Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:09 am

I like the Youtube tutorials there, always easier with a cup of tea, thanks.

Return to Tutorials