[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - sparkles, black and white dots, noise on materials?
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

sparkles, black and white dots, noise on materials?

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

ne0

KT-Warrior

Post Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:54 pm

Ok, sorry.
<<

daryan

Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:29 pm

I follow the tutorial, step by step, and that dont work, an idea ?

<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:31 am

<<

daryan

Post Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:39 am

I use SU2KT, a sun, and the material is aluminium "for MLT". I dont know what is MLT ^^.
I have try a lot of render (photonmap fine, photonmap fine + caustic, the tutorial...) always obtain the same result.

Now i'm going to try aluminium for "photonmap", perhaps that's work better.
<<

Gaieus

KT-Senior

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:30 pm

Gai...
(Csaba Pozsárkó)
<<

Pg09

KT-Explorer

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:53 am

Attachments
Copy of 17.jpg
cheers,

Adam
<<

Frederik

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:23 am

Cheers
Kim Frederik

“…When a decision is made it’s important that you implement it quickly.”
<<

Pg09

KT-Explorer

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:28 pm

cheers,

Adam
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:00 am

Pg09,
Please continue to post these things, as they may help another with a similar problem.

I did notice in the image you post above, that the soft shadows look very blotchy and pixelated... this is due to a low render preset with low quality soft shadows. Please see the for fixing that 'issue'.

<<

Pg09

KT-Explorer

Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:47 pm

Hello Fletch! you were right with the soft shadows. I couldn't fully recreate the situation but if I recall right deleting the double merged materilas helped.
Now i played with the Soft Shadows + render settings and yes, i think that was the real problem. Thanks! :)
cheers,

Adam
<<

Penguin

KT-Fellow

Post Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:26 pm

Guys, I've watched the video and setted all options as the video shows, but I still get the 'noise' render when using metals/chrome and so on. See the attached image (Red marks). The interesting thing is that the holder/loop piece of the can has the same material and doesn't show the noises too much. How do I get rid of these noises to get a smooth gradient? Just adding, when in the Material Editor I see these noises too. See the 2nd attached image.

The green marks I think are some mess in the model constrction, but in another render system I got to get rid of them by using an angle 35 in a kind of "Smoothing - Smoth Angle". Is there something similar into KT
Attachments
kt_materialnoise.jpg
ktrender.jpg
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:59 am

<<

Penguin

KT-Fellow

Post Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:18 pm

Hi fetch, where do I "right-click the name of the material for your model you want to smooth and choose the angle you want it smoothed"? I didn't get to fing it.

I'll post later here the render settings and and so on step.
<<

Frederik

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:19 pm

Hi Penguin,

Just saw that you've posted a screen-dump of the Material Editor...
Please note that although the preview scene is actually a real render, the settings (and thereby the quality) is set really low in order to ensure that the preview is generated as quickly as possible... ;)

I assume that your render setting of the bucket also is made using a relatively low setting..!? :|
Cheers
Kim Frederik

“…When a decision is made it’s important that you implement it quickly.”
<<

Pg09

KT-Explorer

Post Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:33 pm

cheers,

Adam
PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials