[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - sparkles, black and white dots, noise on materials?
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

sparkles, black and white dots, noise on materials?

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

Penguin

KT-Fellow

Post Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:40 pm

Attachments
can_noise.kzx
(1.87 KiB) Downloaded 751 times
can_noise.jpg
<<

Lacyt

KT-Senior

Post Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:38 pm

<<

Lacyt

KT-Senior

Post Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:36 pm

<<

Lacyt

KT-Senior

Post Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:52 pm

<<

Lacyt

KT-Senior

Post Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:34 pm

<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:05 pm

<<

Lacyt

KT-Senior

Post Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:23 pm

<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:57 pm

:hat:

Thank you for trying to improve communication Lacy. That post has a lot of background to it, but I'm sure it comes accross as 'harsh' just stumbling accross it without the background story. Sorry!

This is actually an mid-to-advanced user topic :!:

If a beginner wants a better render, all they need to do is choose a higher quality render preset.

Sure, We could make more render presets... I am afraid more presets would just confuse beginners and not help. There are already close to 30 in the list... hopefully the next version of KT will break these up into categories...

If you want more presets, there are already many presets for download in various places on the forum specific to a topic being discussed. (I created several special Clay Render presets for instance)

The idea of this thread is that a user can use the presets that are in KT for a great rendering, but if they have a particular problem, one can learn how to modify a preset... you know, to advance their skills. ;) We cannot develop presets for all situations.

Most people want to learn how to do something for themselves... I think this thread does that ... IMHO.

<<

RedSquare

KT-GrandMaster

Post Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:12 pm

Lacyt - If you are reading this you shouldn't be. Go to here...

[[>> I just moved Lacyt's post and corrected the link here. Greyhead <<]]
Fanners \:D/
_______
<<

Ettventer

Post Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:41 pm

How's it guys,

So, I understand that this is a 2 year necro, but I'm pulling my hair out here. I have gone out of my way to try everything so as to avoid making a post here, but I can't solve my issue. I STILL get noise on my renders :(

Have a look at this:

Any metal object I try to render has this horrible look.

Here are the relevant menus:

Please forgive me if I've missed something obvious, my profession doesn't lie in 3D.
<<

Ettventer

Post Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:56 pm

Anyone? Please guys, I really need to get this sorted :(
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:07 am

set your aa from "0.3" to "0.1" and set fuzzy tracing to fine

<<

Ettventer

Post Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:30 am

Still no joy :(

<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:20 pm

use the metals avail. for download from the forum, please.

but are you using "custom settings" after you change the quality of your render setting?

if so, set qual. of AA to .01 then.
or set it to .1 and use 3x3 AA or Extra Pass and not production aa.

<<

Ettventer

Post Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:55 pm

Man, Fletch, you have helped me SO much. I eventually found these settings, and these work pretty well. Definitely the best I've found.

Here's what I got, using different materials (all found here, as was the material in my last screenshot):

Those all look pretty good, particularly the last one. There's really only one problem, and that's that I can't get the exact look I'm after. See how there's still some noise in those renders? How would I get rid of that?

I need something like this:

What material would be best for that look, and how do I avoid the noise?

Thanks!
PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials