[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Beginners Starting Guide
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Beginners Starting Guide

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

smiley

KT-Explorer

Post Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:22 pm

Sandy
<<

Tinotekt

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:21 pm

hey dont know if this tutorial is on anymore. I'm val architect in Scotland I'm new to KT but really enjoying it - the KT team are obviously legends, bigups guys, great work. :lol:

My only little stumbling block was with a model using only (edinburgh) sunshine, that the shadows are really far too dark (i attached an image - bit :oops: shameful compared to the ones already on here but its pretty small and didnt want to get into big render until i sort the shadows out)

Does anyone know is there a way to reduce the contrast between shadow and sun? :?:
Attachments
v24.jpg
<<

rombout

KT-Master

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:33 pm

2 options here. Or go to your sun>settings>measures and changes it to .5 or play with the exposure
Imac 24" 2.8 Ghz Intel Core Duo 4GB

Tinotekt

Post Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:27 am

Hey thanks Rombout, very prompt response. I tried the sun at 0.5 and it worked Ok but I get a weird effect with the glass balustrading, which is just a TG_ prefix in SU, i know its probably been answered somewhere before but cannot find it - how do i reduce refectance and increase transparency of the glass?
Attachments
v26.jpg
<<

Tinotekt

Post Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:37 am

2 more questions about materials.

I have added bump maps to basic materials of SU but cannot save them so have to redo tis everytime i remerge an updated model :cry: please find screen shot attached

Im also experiencing problems with some of the 'homemade' materials they show up as names but cannot be picked. This is why i'm currently using SU materials

2 questions about this forum,

How do i put my picture in my profile?
How do i attach multiple files to this reply?
Attachments
material cant save not working.jpg
<<

rombout

KT-Master

Post Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:21 pm

you can also change the shade color under your camera settings>measures>shadow settings.

if you want to attach a picture to your profile just link it... real easy.

attaching multiple images, just click attach another image it you have a max of 750kb

oke if you update you material. you can have multiple options, your looking for the one with replace only mesh. try some tutorials, they really explain every thing

when you look under your materials under setting select your mats you want to save and right click send to library. On the right side save the library and your done

one more thing... how are you installing your materials. i see a lot of them have .mat behind them. that aint correct, i think they all dont work am i right. I think you need to start taking more time learning some basics here. sorry!!!
Imac 24" 2.8 Ghz Intel Core Duo 4GB

Tinotekt

Post Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:35 pm

<<

Erich

Post Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:03 am

Bedroom-Modern.zip file

The Bedroom-Modern.zip file appears to be corrupted. Can you please post a new one.

Thanks.
Erich
<<

Frederik

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:38 am

I've tested them all now and could only find a broken link on page 7...
All other zipped files are working correct...

I've updated the file attachement on to include the SketchUp file...
Cheers
Kim Frederik

“…When a decision is made it’s important that you implement it quickly.”
<<

Educarosi

Post Tue May 25, 2010 2:27 pm

<<

Frederik

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue May 25, 2010 2:38 pm

Cheers
Kim Frederik

<<

Educarosi

Post Tue May 25, 2010 2:52 pm

Eduardo Carosi de Oliveira
Project Designer
edu.carosi@hotmail.com
<<

Educarosi

Post Tue May 25, 2010 2:54 pm

This is the link to the website that I talked... It's in portuguese...

Eduardo Carosi de Oliveira
Project Designer
edu.carosi@hotmail.com
<<

Frederik

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue May 25, 2010 3:04 pm

I've sent it to your e-mail... ;)
Cheers
Kim Frederik