[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Material studios???
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Material studios???

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

thryve

Post Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:31 pm

Material studios???

I don't understand how to use a material studio.

I downloaded the one for frosted glass, as I have balcony dividers on a residential building I'd like to make frosted glass.

However, I don't understand-- instead of a material that I can apply to my model, how does the "studio" work? I know how to add it by going to "Edit Material" but then how do I know which material to place it on? Thin Glass? Sky Blue Glossy? etc. etc. Is it really complicated?

Thanks for the help in advance!
<<

benzjie

KT-Master

Post Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:05 am

Open your scene, go to "settings, materials" .
In the right pane choose OPEN . Materials will appear in the left pane.

In the right you'll the names of you models. Select one or more models in the left pane, select a material in the right pane, Right click on the selected material and click "apply to left pane" .. That's it
<<

thryve

Post Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:18 pm

I downloaded the frosted glass studio but it doesn't show up in the materials pane??
<<

tridem

KT-Master

Post Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:25 pm

I believe there's a misunderstanding... a material studio is simply a scene useful to test the materials and make the previews for your own libraries :wink:
<<

thryve

Post Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:27 pm

Oh :( ... there's no numbers/settings someone can tell me to put in the material editor window to create a frosted glass effect?

Or there isn't a way to download frosted glass as a preset material you apply to something, i.e. like "Sky Blue Glossy" or "Thin Glass"?

Something like this... because my Kerkythea does not have it:
http://www.kerkythea.net/phpBB2/files/material_955.jpg
<<

tridem

KT-Master

Post Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:33 pm

Return to Materials