[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Rendering quality
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Rendering quality

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

giubra79

Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:55 am

Rendering quality

Hi all

I'm a beginner with Kerkythea and have tried to read as more posts in this forum as possible.
I'd appreciate your help for 2 main problems, basically:

1) The image i'm posting is quite good for my purposes, but i find it difficult to manage the material textures when applied in Kerkythea and that's why the wooden steps of my staircase look a bit poor in quality.
I have to scale them all the time and they never look clear and in the right scale. How can i improve it?

2) To deal with the problem above i've tried to apply material textures in Sketchup directly, but i wasn't able to do that as importing materials from Kerkythea using the botton 'Import KT material' located in SU doesn't allow it.
Do you know where the problem is?

The image has been rendered using Photomap-High + AA 0.3 and 1276x831 resolution. I'm also posting all the render settings, please let me know how to adjust them.

I hope the questions are clear enough.
Thanks in advance for your attention and help.

Cheers

Giuseppe
Attachments
setting2.jpg
setting.jpg
stairs.jpg
<<

tridem

KT-Master

Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:08 am

Hi Giuseppe :welcome:
I cannot see the wooden texture in your image :? since the steps twist around the z axis I think you should apply and place the texture in sketchup in order to follow the correct direction :wink:
<<

giubra79

Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:36 am

Hi Tridem

Thanks for your quick reply.

The material applied for the steps is a Golden Pine (even though it doesn't look so) and the thing is, when i apply textures in SU they remain the same once rendered. The problem is to apply textures (which look better quality) correctly in KT. I think the problem is connected with the textures scale.
Is there any 'trick'?
Also, do you know why i can't import KT material into SU? Is it dependent on SU version (mine is SU8)?

Cheers
<<

tridem

KT-Master

Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:47 pm

I don't recall any similar issue due to the SU version... I never use the KT materials into SU (my personal choice, not a better way), and what happens exactly when trying to import the materials with SU2KT? .
Though, if it's just a scale problem you can easily solve it with the bitmap coordinates tool, golden pine should show the wooden texture in the working window, so you can see immediately the aspect, that's the "trick"
btw: are you italian?
<<

giubra79

Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:05 pm

Hi there

Yes, probably the best way is to apply textures in SU.
When i import texture from KT it looks ok but when i open the materials window in SU i can't find any new texture. I've chosen the option 'create new' during the process. Is it correct?
Anyway, i'll play with bitmap coordinates to find a solution.

Cheers

P.s. Yes i'm Italian. You too as i can see from the location.
<<

tridem

KT-Master

Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:22 pm

Check your panel, I sent you a PM :wink:

Return to Materials