[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - How to render dirty glass and other contaminants...
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How to render dirty glass and other contaminants...

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

Sergio

KT-Explorer

Post Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:47 pm

How to render dirty glass and other contaminants...

Hi All

Sometime ago our friend Fletch asked me if I could create a dusty glass when I posted the antique mirror library. I realised that it is very difficult to create a material that will suit all cases because of the challenges in making a texture of this kind tileable , so instead I have made a tutorial covering different scenarios on how you can create these type of effects from scratch using your own textures.

I have also updated the Antique Mirror Library to incorporate the materials I have used in the tutorial and I hope you find it useful.

Updated

**edit - links updated by admin - Mar 30 2011
Attachments
window.jpg
<<

RedSquare

KT-GrandMaster

Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:01 am

Haven't read the pdf yet but an impression of the document is impressive and a lot of work, for which may I be the first to say thank you. I've also downloaded the mat, as I shall not be home until next Tuesday I am unable to play. :( But have no excuse not reading the pdf. :goodjob:
Fanners \:D/
_______
<<

tridem

KT-Master

Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:44 am

I'm not able to download the pdf... :( it ask me to install a downloader but how it works? can anyone share the file with another hosting site?
<<

tonilluch

Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:35 pm

Me too, I can't download the pdf.
<<

Sergio

KT-Explorer

Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:09 pm

Attachments
Link.jpg
<<

tridem

KT-Master

Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:42 pm

I can see that page only for a moment, then: with Firefox and Opera there's a sort of redirection to a blank page, with Explorer it says I need to install the esnips downloader
<<

Sergio

KT-Explorer

Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:20 pm

Tridem it may be your browser settings. With both Google Chrome and Internet Explorer is not asking me to download any additional software.
<<

benzjie

KT-Master

Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:28 pm

I use IE9 and i have to install a prog before i can DL the file.
<<

Sergio

KT-Explorer

Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:21 pm

I have posted the files to a new site called MediaFire. The download links are below. Please let me know if it works.

Material Library Link http://www.mediafire.com/file/agdnu4qtg ... rs.mat.zip

Tutorial Link http://www.mediafire.com/file/6qe87alar ... 0Glass.pdf
<<

tonilluch

Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:09 am

OK, I can download without problem.
<<

vidy

KT-Fellow

Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:01 am

Sergio, thanks for your generosity

regards,