[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - how do i get the most out of printed materials
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

how do i get the most out of printed materials

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

greigorius

Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:52 am

how do i get the most out of printed materials

Hi,

I am new to KT but a veteran of 2D design packages.

I would like to find out how to create material/diffuse images that give the best results for printing. I know that generally the minimum resolution for a printed image is 300dpi but do the same rules apply in KT or can adjustments to the render settings improve a 72dpi bitmap?
<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:16 pm

Re: how do i get the most out of printed materials

Please use forum search feature. DPI is for print. You cannot set DPI in a renderer, just image resolution. Here a helpful tutorial to find a right resolution different kind of print works http://www.kerkythea.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7912
Thea Render and Kerkythea Rendering System, by Solid Iris Technologies
<<

steve6

KT-Master

Post Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:48 pm

To calculate the potential print size from a KT resolution, the formula is resolution divided by dpi. So if your KT file is 3000x2000, and you want to print it out at 300 dpi, then your print size would be 10x6.7 inches.
<<

greigorius

Post Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:53 am

Thanks - this is all useful info

Return to Materials