[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Confessions of an old man. - In super thick mode:
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Confessions of an old man. - In super thick mode:

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

RedSquare

KT-GrandMaster

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:48 pm

Confessions of an old man. - In super thick mode:

Confession 1 - I've never read the Material Editor Guide :oops: Which explains why I'm in trouble. Conclusion ~ Read the MEG asap.

Confession 2 - I've only just managed to load up my material library into Echo Boost x64 thanks to SkyLight's FAQ thread, for which I am eternally grateful. Once again I thank you SkyLight, for bringing light where it was not.

Thus..
Matts_1.jpg
and
Mats_2.jpg
Last edited by RedSquare on Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fanners \:D/
_______
<<

RedSquare

KT-GrandMaster

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:56 pm

Re: Confessions of an old man

This has led me into two immediate problems. a) Lava.

Regarding the Lava, as you can see from the quick view bottom right it is nothing like the material that displays in the library. I've tried and tried again to get this to work but to no avail. Can anybody give me a clue ?

There is only a solid colour in the diffuse slot.

Lava_1.jpg
Last edited by RedSquare on Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
_______
<<

RedSquare

KT-GrandMaster

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:05 pm

Problem b) - Some what similar to the above query. But this time relating to the iridescent glass mat. It comes out plain, I have been unable to duplicate the effect as there does not seem to be any bit maps present in the file.

I'm aware of the 'special seramics mat' but this is covered in small cells or am I to copy this into the lava material irrespective of the cellular structure ?

Iridescent_2.jpg
_______
<<

RedSquare

KT-GrandMaster

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:26 pm

Lastly problem three ~ Avariant's procedurals mat.

I've copied the .dll files into Kerky.exe.
The Icons into the icon file.

In ultra thick mode...
But where do I paste these - I assume I just copy and paste the following text ?

plugin mBrick.dll
plugin mCells.dll
plugin mCloud.dll
plugin mCylinder.dll
plugin mDepth.dll
plugin mFractal.dll
plugin mHexagon.dll
plugin mIridescent.dll
plugin mLines.dll
plugin mMultiFractal.dll
plugin mRock.dll
plugin mSpots.dll
plugin mTile.dll
plugin mWaves.dll
plugin mWeave.dll

I can't seem to find a Kerky.ini file anywhere :oops: ](*,)
_______
<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:27 pm

Re: Confessions of an old man. - In super thick mode:

Thea Render and Kerkythea Rendering System, by Solid Iris Technologies
<<

RedSquare

KT-GrandMaster

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:30 am

@ notareal; Thanks for your response. Regarding the .dll files I have already done that, well I hope I have...
Kerky_1.jpg

But I have not created an .ini which I will attempt later this morning when I've climbed out of my pit. :grin:

Perhaps I should add that the procedural zip was installed in Kerkythea 2008 and then via program data, virtual store etc copied and I pasted the relevant parts into Echo Boost x64 as per the PDF instructions. Excluding the plugin text.

Cheers Roy
_______
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:44 am

Without the .ini file, the materials will not show up.

<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:46 pm

Like said, need to edit the kerkythea.ini. You are not seeing file extensions... but it's there (Configuration settings -file). Here is mine....
Attachments
Kerkythea.zip
(244 Bytes) Downloaded 317 times
<<

RedSquare

KT-GrandMaster

Post Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:01 pm

Thanks once again notareal; I copied your .ini file and I see three others copied it before me. I've pasted it as instructed in every Kerkythea program I could find on my system, also to the program data folder to no avail.

Must be me, but if anybody else has either succeeded or failed it would be quite useful if they posted here to that effect. :)
Last edited by RedSquare on Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_______
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:33 pm

No .ini file works on my Vista system. (yes notareal's was tested, it doesn't work for me either.) I'm guessing it's a windows permissions issue.

<<

RedSquare

KT-GrandMaster

Post Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:43 pm

Oh phew, at least I'm not alone. I was beginning to harbor grave doubts about my ability or rather lack of. :)
_______
<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:43 am

Windows 7 is tricky if you just copy files under program files (always hard to remember to warn)... one always needs to use elevated privileges, even if you a administrator. Otherwise pasted files will go into C:\Users\"user"\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Kerkythea Rendering System. In principle elevated privileges mean that one must start a program with right click and use "Run as administrator". So when you unzip something to program files -folder, you need to start your program (I prefer 7-zip) with right click > run as administrator. Same with KT, if you are importing materials, globals... what ever, that will go in "Kerkythea Rendering System" -folder.

Guess, I need to test procedurals and ECHO BOOST when I got a bit more time :)
<<

RedSquare

KT-GrandMaster

Post Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:05 am

:) Well, well, right click program to run with elevated privileges ie as administrator in Win 7 ! Never knew about that.

Done that and ensured that all relevant folders were unlocked regarding sharing with administrator. Not sure whether that was necessary when running under elevated privileges or not, but I did it.

Repeated everything again ~ Result the same, nowt.

Just to show my nigh on complete ignorance, but I'm assuming that these additional procedurals are supposed to be selected by clicking on for example the diffused procedural button and then making ones selection. Or, are they supposed to show up somewhere else. If the latter where ? :oops: :oops:
_______
<<

benzjie

KT-Master

Post Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:08 pm

i know this is a pretty old topic but i am going to bump it anyway. Only the standard procedurals show up in X64, the downloadedprocedurals do not, only in the x32 version. All permissions are set correctly. Is there a solution yet ?
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:00 am

no, and very frustrating to me. ](*,)
they work perfectly in Twilight, but not in KT. :roll:

Return to Materials