[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Old Man on a Roll - 48 Kitchen Work Top Materials
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Old Man on a Roll - 48 Kitchen Work Top Materials

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

RedSquare

KT-GrandMaster

Post Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:49 pm

Old Man on a Roll - 48 Kitchen Work Top Materials

Not really, I was gazing at all the materials everyone has made, thinking what the hell is left that I can try and make? After all I'm just an old wrinkly beginner at making materials.

Then :idea: ! Had a thought, I know I'll try and make some materials that might at a pinch be acceptable as a material for kitchen work surfaces. Obviously a synthetic vinyl material but one I suppose that could also be used on other things. (Shrugging his weary shoulders).

So here is an example of a few of the materials that I've made. The bottom three examples are a variation of the top three examples where the level of specular reflection has been amended.

Compo_1.jpg
Fanners \:D/
_______
<<

RedSquare

KT-GrandMaster

Post Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:00 pm

Re: Old Man on a Roll.

Here are all 48 materials present in this library.

Compo_2.jpg
_______
<<

RedSquare

KT-GrandMaster

Post Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:02 pm

Three examples of the materials on a typical lump of chip/block board.

Fanners_Cladding_3.0.jpg

Fanners_Cladding_4.0.jpg

Fanners_Cladding_5.0.jpg
_______
<<

RedSquare

KT-GrandMaster

Post Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:14 pm

Although the pattern in the material is very, very, similar to the point of being perhaps too boring, each one is subtly different.

Actually, after three days trying to work out where I had made a mistake, today I finally realised why the renders of my materials were so horrible. It wasn't until I merge my model work top with the Kerkythea material model that I realised that my model was the wrong size, Although it was modelled as a two meter length it exported out of my modelling program and into Kerkythea a mere fraction of the intended size.

So here is the library...
Fanners_Cladding.mat.zip
(654.98 KiB) Downloaded 3288 times

If any one should look at the materials and says "Ye gods, you can't do that!" For pete's sake tell me. Ta! 8-[ :hat:
_______
<<

unigami

KT-Warrior

Post Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:34 pm

Wow, these are great and must have taken a lot of work...thanks so much for sharing them with us!
<<

alvydas

KT-Wizard

Post Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:01 am

looks nice :)
everything is in updated
Toshiba Satellite A500, I7,4GBram,NVIDIA
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:26 pm

way to go, Fanners!
I can appreciate the work that went into creating this, all the previews, etc. =D>

<<

Sergio

KT-Explorer

Post Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:51 pm

Very nice materials for work tops, reception desks, shop counters etc. Definitely a winner! =D> thank you very much for sharing.
Sergio
<<

RedSquare

KT-GrandMaster

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:23 am

Thanks folks, 'bout time I gave something back to our great community. :oops: :D
_______
<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:54 pm

Looks good! Thanks for sharing these.
Thea Render and Kerkythea Rendering System, by Solid Iris Technologies
<<

tridem