[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - WIP by an Old Man
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

WIP by an Old Man

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

RedSquare

KT-GrandMaster

Post Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:29 am

WIP by an Old Man

So I thought, after releasing my second library into the wild as it were. Now what ?

Well first I had an :idea: which rapidly resulted in ](*,) but wait; :idea: :idea: but no, ](*,) ](*,) then :idea: followed by :-x So, I decided to ask those that know how.

As can been seen I've been beavering away attempting to learn a bit more about materials.

Grab_3.jpg

I've tinkered a bit with glass and a sort of material like mat, many will say he's failed, but then one learns by ones mistakes. That's my story and I'm sticking with it. OK, to the problem, my wip library file is getting a bit of a mess and, needs thinning out.

Screen_Grab_2.jpg

So the question is, can I select various materials from this library, copy them and in effect paste them into a new library ? Because although this wip file started off as a glass library, I encountered a few problems and after some days trying to solve it, decided to have a change and do something else. The time has come to split them into two separate files. Any help most welcome.
Fanners \:D/
_______
<<

Egeria

Post Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:03 pm

Re: WIP by an Old Man

Yes, you can.

just open a new model, insert a shape, say a sphere, and put the material you want transferred onto it.
Then you open material editor, and right-click on the material in the left pane and click "send to library"

So long as you have no library open, that should establish a new library.

repeat as necessary.

someone correct us if that was incorrect.
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:21 pm

that's a good way, or open empty material panel in new session of KT. Right-click right window of material editor window and choose "merge" to merge any library into the current "new" library. Delete the ones you don't want in the new library and hit "save" button to give the new library a name.

<<

RedSquare

KT-GrandMaster

Post Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:50 am

Thank you both I'll try both ways. :grin:
_______
<<

RedSquare

KT-GrandMaster

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:54 am

Well sort of like Fletch suggested, but having opened my WIP file I right clicked "selected all" and then "save as" which duplicated the library. I then deleated those that I didn't want. Time taken about 7 seconds. :D
_______

Return to Materials