[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Free Photosculpt textures
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Free Photosculpt textures

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

unigami

KT-Warrior

Post Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:31 pm

Free Photosculpt textures

Photosculpt is a program that creates realistic 3D models and hi-res textures from two photos, taken at slightly different angles.
I haven't used it, but I see on their website that they are providing some really nice hi-res tileable textures - for FREE! (my favorite word)

There are textures with stone, rocks, leaves, ivy, mud, brick, etc.

There are two texture packs, one in 1024x1024 and the other in 2048x2048.
Each one has a preview image, and 5 maps: diffuse, normal, displacement, specular and ambient occlusion

Here's a link to the webpage where you can download a zip file with all of the 1024x1024 textures:

And here's a link to the page with the 2048x2048 textures. I couldn't find a zip file on that page, so I had to download them one by one.

Note: These are not the same textures at two different resolutions, so you'll have to download both of them to get everything.

I wish I had the knowledge and time to create some nice material packs for KT based on these...maybe someone here could do it, or give me an easy step by step tutorial on what to do, and I'll be happy to take a shot at it.

- Rick
<<

Egeria

Post Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:31 am

Re: Free Photosculpt textures

hmm... interesting...

We generally use images taken from the online site of FilterForge. A bit extra work is required to configure and assemble the texture in kerkythea, but the end result is quite good. Those are always perfect for tiling unless the image files are modified along their edges after acquisition.

Return to Materials