[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - How to scale a material accurately
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How to scale a material accurately

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

Chrysalis

Post Sun May 27, 2012 10:43 pm

How to scale a material accurately

Hello,

First, I should say that I am a pretty new user, I've been fiddling around with sketchup and kerkythea for a little while, but not long.

I'm trying to scale my tile texture accurately.

I've made a texture image in GIMP with a bumpmap that I'd like to be 6"x6"

I'm using twilight renderer.

I was thinking I could create a preview model for twilight that has these dimensions, and then scale it, but I can't find any info on how to do it. I don't know if I'm heading the wrong direction or not.

Thank you for your help,
Travis
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon May 28, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: How to scale a material accurately

I would post Twilight-related questions in the Twilight Render forum.

It is as simple as this...
You apply your texture by loading it as a texture in your material in SketchUp, and tell SketchUp the size of your texture in SketchUp's material dialog. However it appears on the model in SketchUp, it will be that size when rendered with Twilight, or exported by xml file to KT.

SketchUp remembers the position and scale of your material by recording this information for each face in your SU model. This is called the texture's "UV mapping". If you right-click a face that has a .jpg texture image in SketchUp, you can adjust the position of the texture by choosing "Texture>Adjust". when you move that texture around you are "UV Mapping" the texture... that is, you are placing it by adjusting its position in the x and y direction, only for textures instead of saying x and y we say U and V... so that we don't get confused when talking about a position of a texture on a face.

<<

Chrysalis

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:55 pm

Thank you,
I appreciate your time.

I think I should spend some more time reading tutorials.

travis
<<

hana

Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:55 pm

Hello,

I would like to tiles 20cm x 20 cm in a kitchen, but I do not know how to set the tile size of the library materials.
Can you help me?
Or tell me how to make my own tiles to size?

Thank you in advance.
:(
<<

massimo

KT-Wizard

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:25 pm

Hi, you have to apply the material correctly sized in your modeling application for best results. If you use Sketchup see the picture below for how to import materials from KT's libraries into SU.
Cattura.JPG

Anyway bear in mind that a KT's little square is 1mx1m, so if you switch to "solid rendering" view mode in KT (view-->adjust-->solid rendering) you can scale the material (all the maps at once) by selecting the object with the material applied and going to tools-->bitmap coordinates and adjust the scale. Remember that the scale values are the number of times the texture will be repeated on a surface so the higher the values the smaller the pattern.
Cattura_1.JPG
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:52 am

have you seen the video tutorial?

Return to Materials