[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Your thoughts appreciated (newbie questions)
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Your thoughts appreciated (newbie questions)

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

jan_be

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:14 pm

Your thoughts appreciated (newbie questions)

i all,

I am new to rendering, have been working with Sketchup for a while but not profesionally.

I would appreciate your thoughts and comments on some things:

- I have watched some interesting tutorials at location (see Kerkythea Tutorial: Part 3 Night Rendering) and I noticed that the author does not actually use lights. Instead he created objects in the model and changes the self luminance parameters of the material in Kerkythea so it emits light. What is the advantage of doing it at the level of material (instead of using a light)?

- You have materials in Sketchup and you have materials in Kerkythea. My initial impression after reading the tutorials is that the materials assigned in Sketchup are simply dummy materials that you replace in Kerkythea. However, I have seen video tutorials on other sites where a Sketchup texture is assigned within Sketchup and rendered as is in Kerkythea. Is that a common thing to do? Should I rather build my material database within Sketchup (and what are attention points) or should I restrict materials to Kerkythea?

- I downloaded all the materials from the download section and installed them only to find out that organizing them properly is nearly impossible and extremely time consuming. I am curious to know if anybody has been able to build a descent and well organised material library so far (and if so, why not share)?

- Kerkythea has been around for a while and is supported by a large number of very well explained tutorials. However, you can't say it has a descent material library. Adding the ones in the basic pack and the ones that are listed on the download page there are about 30 or 40 or so. Am I missing something?

Thank you so much
Jan
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:41 pm

Re: Your thoughts appreciated (newbie questions)

Return to Materials