[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Granite floor
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Granite floor

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

AguiJunior

KT-Fellow

Post Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:16 am

Granite floor

Hi,
I've been trying to create some material from scratch, and here is one of them.
What do you guys think about it?
I couldn't find the real ior for granite, so any comments about its reflection is welcome. :wink:

granito.jpg

Thanks!
AguiJunior
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:13 am

Re: Granite floor

for polished granite counter top or tile, I would use perfect reflection and ior of 1.52 to start.

<<

AguiJunior

KT-Fellow

Post Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:27 am

I've used some other granite here that kind of worked out for me. But, I'm not really satisfied with the result.
So I decided to try one more time to get a more accurate granite floor.

Now, I bring you 2 images, both of them had ior of 1.52. The first one has specular at 1000, and the second one has white reflection. But I don`t like the way the "grout" (I don't know if that's the right word in English, I mean the lines on the borders of the tiles) fades out on the more oblique face, and don`t really appear try-dimensional on the less oblique one. Except when I use MLT.

So, can you guys please help me?
Attachments
granito2.jpg
IOR = 1.52 // Reflection = White
granito1.jpg
IOR = 1.52 // Specular = 1000 (None)
AguiJunior
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:54 pm

can you share the material? how is your bump map set up?
correct, grout lines don't look correct here.

<<

AguiJunior

KT-Fellow

Post Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:11 pm

AguiJunior
<<

Towik

KT-Warrior

Post Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:37 pm

good idea on sharing

People will always change the materials to get the look they want , that's what i think, at least

<<

AguiJunior

KT-Fellow

Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:17 pm

AguiJunior
<<

AguiJunior

KT-Fellow

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:21 am

Any idea? :-k
AguiJunior
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:05 pm

try something like this?
It looks best with MLT. (due to blurry tracing)
Attachments
GraniteTilesPolished.mat.zip
(1.19 MiB) Downloaded 548 times

<<

AguiJunior

KT-Fellow

Post Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:47 pm

AguiJunior

Return to Materials