[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Arroway concrete material is too reflective
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Arroway concrete material is too reflective

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

Cyclist

Post Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:58 pm

Arroway concrete material is too reflective

I am using the lighter Arroway concrete material in a rendering, but I do not like the way it reflects light. It creates an appearance that looks like a white cloud is over the concrete surface. I'm rending in Photon Map High.

Do you have any tips to make this cloud effect go away? I'll post a picture later of what I'm talking about.

Thanks
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:52 pm

Re: Arroway concrete material is too reflective

screenshot of materials, and render would be required, how is someone supposed to guess what you're talking about? :?
did you download the materials free from KT and look how they are made? if not, I'd suggest doing so, then find a material that is closest to what you want to create and you then replace the material's textures with your own.... that's the quickest way to get what you want without actually learning how to use KT's material editor.
did you find the Tutorials section master list? there's a link to material's tutorials.

<<

Cyclist

Post Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:20 am

Re: Arroway concrete material is too reflective

Sorry for the delay of posting the image. I'm refering to the cloudiness that starts at the window then fades as it gets closer to the camera. I understand polished concrete can be reflective, but I don't need this much. I will mess around with the material in KT and see what I can do.

Return to Materials