[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Newbie help on my first layered material and clip mapping
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Newbie help on my first layered material and clip mapping

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

Chrysalis

Post Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:48 pm

Newbie help on my first layered material and clip mapping

[/attachment]Hi all,

I'm a newbie to Kerkythea, I've been using Twilight for a year or so now, and I'm in need of making more "layered" materials....however...I'm scared of Kerkythea.

...now that I've bared my soul...

I would like to start making glass tiles. I'm a bit confused about the clip mapping. I'd like to start out as simply as I can, so I tried making a layer for my glass, and a layer for my grout. When I apply a clip map to one, however, it shows up under both layers.

In the manual I have, it's described as masking and shows a control box where I can choose to invert the mask. I can't seem to find this option in Kerkythea.

I know that I don't have a clear understanding of how the layers work yet, I'm sure that this is contributing to my confusion. I would greatly appreciate any guidance, maybe a point to a good tutorial or another thread in the forum that I've missed?

Thank you very much for the help,

33b8cab39f06f7c1254071757d57e007.jpg
this is what I'm trying to get
33b8cab39f06f7c1254071757d57e007.jpg (10.53 KiB) Viewed 13042 times

2.jpg.jpg

glass mask.jpg
<<

Chrysalis

Post Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:56 pm

Re: Newbie help on my first layered material and clip mappin

Here's my very unsophisticated material editor screenshot.
Attachments
1-6-2014 5-55-04 AM.png
<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:17 pm

Clip mapping cuts part of material out (masked black)... I think you should look on these stained glass materials ( they more close to you needs) and use you mask as a layer weight. But still, if the area where it's used is not too large and you need close ups, you better model this, as there is no way to make this kind of material to have enough 3D look.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11048&p=88652
Thea Render and Kerkythea Rendering System, by Solid Iris Technologies
<<

Chrysalis

Post Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:46 am

Thank you Notareal,
That look exactly like what I need.

greatly appreciated.
t)

Return to Materials