[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Perforated Metal Panels Issue
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Perforated Metal Panels Issue

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

Scmc872

Post Sat May 10, 2014 6:08 pm

Perforated Metal Panels Issue

Hello everybody,

I am working on a rendering of a building with a perforated corten screen. I want to get the screen right before I apply the other materials (Everything else is pretty simple or will be post-processed in photoshop). Right now I am having an issue with sizing; It seems like the clipping map I made is randomly being resized and stretched on certain panels. I am wondering whether this is an issue with my material and can be fixed in kerkythea or if it is because I got lazy building the sketchup model and used the scale tool to get some of these panels in place. I've attached a JPEG of the test render, material screen, and view in sketchup.

I am just assuming this can't be because I'm using a low-quality render setting for the test? T'would be really nice if that was the only issue!

If anyone has any ideas or has run into this problem and can help me out I'd be grateful.

Thank you
Attachments
Sketchup View.jpg
Sketchup Model View - Brown frames will be same corten diffuse texture w/o the perforated clipping mask
Perforated Metal Material Kerk SC.jpg
Screenshot of Kerkythia Material Editor with the clip mask and sizing shown
Test Render 1.jpg
Test rendering - note the warped perforations
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon May 12, 2014 4:17 pm

Re: Perforated Metal Panels Issue

looks about right, but if you have some panels where it is not correct, make sure those faces are not reversed in sketchup or your modeling program.

if they are not reversed, make sure the texture map and alpha map are exactly same aspect ratio/size

make sure all faces are mapped and positioned correctly in your modeling program.

make sure that in the KT material definition the alpha mask is not scaled differently from the texture map.

I think what you are seeing here is the result of low quality AA anti-aliasing settings. use .1 or .01 quality for better AA.

Return to Materials