[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - light emitting material does not emitt
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

light emitting material does not emitt

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

paul71

Post Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:49 am

light emitting material does not emitt

Hi,
I have a light emitting material that is used a few time in a model. All my sketchup faces are oriented correctly although in one instance it just does not emit any light! Originally my object had no thickness, but I've since deleted that version, remodelled it with two planes and applied the emitter to the back side. I've even painted the back side front and backfaces with the emitter but it still doesn't work.

Again, all my faces are oriented correctly but nothing is emitted in one instance. i've tried various backing materials that the light emitting materials should be shining onto but to no avail.

Any solutions?!?

Here's a screen shot of the material settings:
material settings.jpg

thanks,
p
Last edited by paul71 on Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

paul71

Post Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:27 pm

Re: light emitting material does not emitt

I’ve experimented a little more and attached two jpgs. The first one is of a horizontal light with a emitting material shining up to the ceiling (and to the ground). The other jpg is of the same light fixture (in the same model with the same materials) rotated 90 degrees to shine vertically against the wall. The grill it's shining against should be emitting too. For some reason I don’t know why the same material in the same model behaves differently when placed vertically vs horizontally.

light.jpg

Any comments appreciated as this has me perplexed....
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:13 am

check that you do not have reversed faces.

<<

tridem

KT-Master

Post Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:03 pm

perhaps try to active both the "front side" and "back side" flags in the self luminance panel, just to verify that is a backface issue then it's better to activate only the visible side.

Return to Materials