[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Types of materials and ways of render
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Types of materials and ways of render

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

F56M

KT-Fellow

Post Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:22 am

Types of materials and ways of render

Hello.
I know that some materials are created to be used with a specific render method (p.e. MLT), and if you try to render with other one, the result is an image full of blotches. So, Is there any way to know which materials are good for one method and whicht aren't?
Thank you and, please, forgive me if this is already answered. I've not found.
Less is more ... except when it is only less.
<<

tridem

KT-Master

Post Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:37 am

Re: Types of materials and ways of render

I guess artifacts like blotches are mainly due to hard lighting conditions compared to the current render settings... difficult materials (as frosty glasses, for example) require high settings and surely you cannot use a simple ray tracing while MLT at length solve almost every situation, but I wouldn't say that a material is created to be used with a specific method.
As I know, the only exception are SSS materials (or any other using the "fog" panel) where the channels Emittance and Scatter don't work with MLT and BPT.
<<

F56M

KT-Fellow

Post Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:17 am

Re: Types of materials and ways of render

So I was wrong... #-o It happened to me using, as you say, frosted glasses or some metals, p.e. dark aluminium from de materials pack, and always during the initial tests with one of the pre settings like Quick Photon Mapping. Then, I use to render the scene with MLT...I had never tried to re-render with a high leveled biased method. Thank you.
Less is more ... except when it is only less.

Return to Materials