[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Need help on creating a patterned, blurry glass!
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Need help on creating a patterned, blurry glass!

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

BillGoats

Post Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:31 pm

Need help on creating a patterned, blurry glass!

Hello! I am in the process of modelling the apartment I live in (as a learning project). Right now I'm stuck at the front door windowpanes. Here's a photo of the glass in question:

ytterdør.jpg

So far I've made the following bump map...

ytterbump.jpg

...and a normal map based on it. I played around with a basic glass material plus those maps, but they seemed to have practically no effect. I then tested Patrick's blurry/frosted glass materials, slightly tweaked and using my maps, but didn't get anywhere near where I wanted to be this way either.

So - any ideas? Note that this is the outside of the glass. The inner pane is plain glass - and I will only ever have to render this from the inside. Basically, this patterned glass will be there to obscure the view so I don't have to add any exterior details in this area (and for realism, of course).

Any and all feedback appreciated!
<<

Sergio

KT-Explorer

Post Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:56 pm

Re: Need help on creating a patterned, blurry glass!

Hi Have a look at this post to see if it helps you viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7937&p=68850&hilit=patterned+glass#p68850

Return to Materials