[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - importing materials
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

importing materials

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

mjohare03

Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:29 am

importing materials

<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:34 am

I am not aware of anyone writing a script that will translate Maxwell mats into KT... most Maxwell users I imagine don't look into KT... so if you are a Maxwell user - WELCOME! Let us know what you think. ;) That said, we are working on a project that may interest you, it would be a very powerful stand alone material editor that would export to the render engine of choice (including all the major ones you can think of, as far as I'm aware... but can't tell you the progress of it... just letting you know the idea is there, and being developed)

To install a library download it and in KT select File > Install Library...

<<

Create3D

Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:00 pm

<<

jenujacob

KT-Explorer

Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:23 pm

<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:09 pm

<<

mjohare03

Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:37 pm

Hey guys, actually, I'm not a maxwell user. I tried using it but I've found KT to be much more my speed. LOL, in a good way. I've just noticed the wide array of materials that maxwell users have to pick from and was wishing/hoping there may be a way for non-maxwell users to use them. I've been trying to learn a 3d program and of the many I've tried, Sketchup and KT seem to be the ones I can learn. I don't have ANY CAD or technical drawing experience, so I'm doing this from square one. I've follow a couple of the go-2-school tutorials for SU and posted the results on my deviantart page if you like to look at them and tell me what you think: http://mjohare03.deviantart.com/ I've changed a couple of things on the bookcase as to not make it exactly the same as the tutorial. I'm trying to read the pdf's you guys have uploaded onto this site, but between the wife, kid and work, oh yeah, and sleep, it's a little tough. But from what I've seen here, you guys are doing a great job.

Return to Materials