[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - modelling the perfect candle
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

modelling the perfect candle

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

shyuan2

Post Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:38 pm

modelling the perfect candle

hi all,

There have been quite a lot of discussions of SSS and how it can help create effective wax texture. See below ( from a SSS website)

I understand with absoption and scattering in KT we should be able to create smiliar effect from scratch but I am not sure how. Can someone help please?
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (36.11 KiB) Viewed 8480 times
<<

benzjie

KT-Master

Post Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:24 pm

i know its far from perf4ect...but this is what i got after 2 minutes 7 runs bipt and 5 minutes material editing

<<

Exsecratus

KT-Warrior

Post Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:54 am

I have some questions about sss
SSS works with which presets?
For a SSS effect which should I use and what they do: translucent, trasmittance, emittance, absorption, scatter and scatter density

Sorry I'm noob

o/
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:45 am

hey guys, I'm presuming you've already searched the forum?

mats Alex made:
http://www.kerkythea.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2143

and the BIG thread...
http://www.kerkythea.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1989

<<

shyuan2

Post Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:33 am

hi guys,

i've actually only started using KT (and rendering) about 3 days ago and to me, making what benzjie has done seems almost like an impossible task. I have d/l the rubber material fr

http://www.kerkythea.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2143

but the effet i got was far from a realistic wax.

benzjie: apologies for nagging but do you mind explaning how you managed that great effect please? did u use the rubber from alex and did you tweak anything?

thanks a million!
<<

benzjie

KT-Master

Post Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:33 am

here they are

the fuse is just a self luminant material.....15W/m2 .
Have fun experimenting :D
<<

shyuan2

Post Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:42 pm

hi benzjie,

thank you so much for the contribution! I've tried playing around with it and the effect so far has been ok. but it's quite hard to control the colour of the finsiihed render. I'm trying to do a light yellow wax, will do a few more attempts tweaking on diffuse, translucency and transmittance.

thanks again.
<<

benzjie

KT-Master

Post Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:56 pm

i'll give it a a shot.
<<

benzjie

KT-Master

Post Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:27 pm

something like this ?
<<

alex

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:29 pm

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
<<

shyuan2

Post Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:54 am

benzjie, that looks great! (apart from the pixels which i suppose is due to low res of the photo) :)

I have managed an orangy-yellow effect by trial and error at the basic column and didn't change anything you suggested for fog. Is that what you did too?

Cheers!
<<

benzjie

KT-Master

Post Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:39 am

i did change some things....and the grains are due to only 7 runs BipT

Return to Materials