[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Material Editor Guide questions please post them here....
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Material Editor Guide questions please post them here....

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

rombout

KT-Master

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:36 pm

Imac 24" 2.8 Ghz Intel Core Duo 4GB

patricks

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:43 pm

<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:31 am

<<

anar

KT-Warrior

Post Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:13 am

Material instance

3D by passion
<<

eulgrand

KT-Warrior

Post Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:29 pm

Anar,

Made some time ago (for non-french speaking, comments are in french, but I think the method is so obvious that there should be no language issue).

Hope this helps.

:wink:
<<

anar

KT-Warrior

Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:32 am

Thank you Eulgrand !

it sure did help.
Have to go to the material preview window to access this function.

French is not a problem for me "puisque je suis francais".

Merci.
3D by passion
<<

anar

KT-Warrior

Post Fri May 01, 2009 8:57 am

3D by passion
<<

cristiano

Post Mon May 25, 2009 8:59 am

hi

Hello friends.I think it is good to open a dedicated threat about the Material Editor Guide . Here i will respond to all the questions you may have about KT Material Editor and also about the Material Editor Guide.

<<

alden

KT-Fellow

Post Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:52 am

nice vid eulgrand! very didactic.

I think you can copy/paste your modified textures into different channels using the right mouse button in the texture editor to save re editing every time.
Just highlight the channel you want to copy the bitmap from (turns green) right click it in texture editor box to save to clipboard option, highlight new channel (maybe in new layer) right click again, and paste.
<<

raveled

Post Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:28 pm

I have been trying to follow the Materials editing guide to build a material. (newest Kerkeythea)

I follow the step as I understand them, then when I select "weight" I don't get the window showing color, bitmap and procedural as indicated in the pdf.

What am I doing wrong?
<<

Sinjin

Post Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:46 pm

Hi, I'm very new at this and i have a problem with the material editor , :oops: How do you save a material, and don't refer me to the material editor guide, for some reason my browser won't let me download it or watch it
<<

DMac1

Post Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:42 pm

Scaling Bitmaps in Material Editor

Hello,

I have just started using KT and I am starting with the absolute basics rather than trying to run before I can walk.
I have modelled a simple room layout and would like to add a jpeg photo to a material to create a wall hung picture. The X and Y scaling facility in the Material Editor allows me to adjust the size of my jpeg image but I can't get it to fit to the material perfectly - i get a tiled pattern of the photo which I do not want.
Is there any simple way to quickly fit the image to the exact size of the material? This technique could also apply to inserting screen shots onto models of tv's and computer monitors.

Thanks,
Dylan.
<<

tridem

KT-Master

Post Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:01 pm

normally you should do it in your modeling app; in KT the easiest way is using the bitmap coordinates tool (under tools menu) adjusting x-y offset and scale, note that it sets all textures of the material selected
<<

DMac1

Post Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:50 pm

<<

apprentice

Post Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:37 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Materials