[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Material Editor Guide questions please post them here....
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Material Editor Guide questions please post them here....

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

massimo

KT-Wizard

Post Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:55 pm

Attachments
Cattura.JPG
<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:16 pm

<<

apprentice

Post Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:05 pm

<<

3DZN

KT-Fellow

Post Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:15 pm

Im not really sure what this is. I have created materials before following the guide and the materials have been fine but I have tried to create some new wood materials for a library using patricks new wood as a stepping stone but each time i create a new wood the images stay connected to each other.

normally when you create a new material you will just have the three materials as a selection (the bump, reflective and diffuse map) but when i have created wood material all the different wood images are together resulting in a larger material than it should be.

The brick material is just applied over the wood material to show that no other materials are linked with it.

I do apologise if its not very clear discription i was never any good at puttin whats in my head into words. its just frustrating that it seems to be only the wood materials even following the exact same procedure :s
Attachments
material-lib-creation.jpg
material creation correct
material-lib-creation-error.jpg
material creation problem
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:26 pm

try scene cleanup?
Attachments
cleanup.jpg

<<

3DZN

KT-Fellow

Post Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:08 am

nope think i tried that before but its as if the materials are saving all together for some reason. tried again there and nope.

ive even tried making one material in an instance of kt adding it to a library and then repeat and it still didnt work.
<<

3DZN

KT-Fellow

Post Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:55 am

I may have found a solution it seems the materials are saving from both the c drive in which kt is installed and the original location of the material/texture files so i tested a small selection library exported it to create the .mat.zip and then installed it and it seems to be working correctly but still a little confused as to why it occured with just these wood textures
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:54 pm

open the .xml file for the problematic materials and look at the info for the paths to the images. It could be that the image appears to be used twice - once in each slot of a material, but in actuality it's calling 2 identical images but from 2 seperate places on your hard drive.

<<

3DZN

KT-Fellow

Post Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:35 pm

yea it was doing that but the real issue was it was using other textures/images that it shouldnt have been using. i would create the material save it and then make the next material and save it and then close kt open new one and then add one material and then click diffuse image in material editor and it would show all the other textures from the other materials in the library. i know im not making a good job of explaining it but it is working correctly now after i exported the library deleted it from kt and then reinstalled it
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon May 02, 2011 7:39 pm

<<

azkie

Post Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:01 am

Re: Material Editor Guide questions please post them here...

hello to all,
Please help i'm newbie with KT and i have some problem applying materials that i downloaded from this site..
i made the model in sketchup and exported it in KT for rendering, but for some reason some materials don't come the way i expect it to be,like for example the CAR PAINT material when i apply it on the model it just gives me some flat color ex.yellow,black,peach etc. and by the way before i exported it i apply the corrogated metal on sketchup..can you give me some tips on how i can make it right..thanks in advance..
<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:50 am

Make sure that your model has no back face issues and is properly UV mapped. Back faces can be seen as blue is SU if you turn monochromatic view on.
Thea Render and Kerkythea Rendering System, by Solid Iris Technologies
<<

Fred B.

Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:02 pm

where do i enter the weight color value number. :o
<<

figure2

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:30 pm

Replace the jpeg in Sketchup-imported material

I am working on some retail point-of-sale displays created and textured in Sketchup. Because Sketchup limits the resolution of imported images to 1024 px in either dimension, some of my mapped materials have turned out a bit blurry at higher resolution renders. There is a lot of graphics and text on the texture maps for the front and sides of the display and the smaller text especially looks very soft.

Is there a way to replace the JPEG in the Sketchup-imported material with a higher resolution image once in Kirkythea?

Thanks.
<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:52 pm

Use material editor to change particular texture, keep texture aspect ratio same as original. You can find all KT tutorials in tutorials master list at viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5720
Thea Render and Kerkythea Rendering System, by Solid Iris Technologies
PreviousNext

Return to Materials