[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Basic Material setup for Diffuse and Specular maps ....
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Basic Material setup for Diffuse and Specular maps ....

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

patricks

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:48 am

Basic Material setup for Diffuse and Specular maps ....

Hi everybody

As i can see that some people still make some mistakes when creating materials and i dont have the time to look through all Material library's that are posted , i think the best thing is to show and explain a basic materials setup that uses Diffuse and Specular maps ( for texture packs like Arroway textures that comes with specular maps )

This material setup works for all material that uses Specular maps :!:
and here you can download a material liabrery where i have included different materials as an example ( wood , ceramic, Dull Metals )
Using this material setup should be very easy now because you know where you have to put the Bitmap textures ( Diffuse and Specular map ).
To change the aspect and look of your material , you only have to change the Procedural Fresnel IOR in the weight channel ( please read page 12 of the Material Editor Guide "Automatic energy conservation" both IOR values have to be the same value)
and the shininess value of the specular component ( for more rouge or more shiny materials .... a value between 100.00 and 1000.00 for wood flooring is recommended )
No other values have to be changed :!:

www.kerkythea.net/users/Patrick/Diffuse ... ap.mat.zip

Greetings Patrick
Attachments
Diffus_Specular.jpg
<<

LAPX

KT-Master

Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:03 pm

Patrick are you saying we can use this as the correct way of creating materials? I.e. for leather which is much like wood I would select the wood material in your materials library ans update parameters, no? If so, it looks like there are 7 parameter changes I would have to make to update to my preferred material. Is this better than using your plastics material as a template?
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:07 pm

simply download the material he provides above.
apply that material to your model
then exchange all that material's images for the ones you have.

for leather, I would apply the leather material Patrick provided for everyone in the cloth and textiles package in the repository at downloads for Kerkythea.net. Then exchange the images in the leather mat for the ones you have.

I always build my materials like that, find the closest one that's already done 'correctly'... and exchange the colors or textures for my own.

<<

rombout

KT-Master

Post Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:14 pm

Oke.. so when i have a material which uses reflection and is controlled by the Fresnel procedural.. do i need to use specular map as well? And why do we need to make in with layers. I thought when you use the Fresnel procedural you need to have at least 2 high and 2 low colours cause they have to bee opposite
Imac 24" 2.8 Ghz Intel Core Duo 4GB

rombout

KT-Master

Post Fri May 29, 2009 9:36 pm

why do these materials have exit attenuation on i thought this is only for glass materials. If i turn it off i dont see any difference in the material
Imac 24" 2.8 Ghz Intel Core Duo 4GB

3DZN

KT-Fellow

Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:37 pm

ty i find this most helpful in trying to decipher the material guide which im forever getting lost in
<<

LAPX

KT-Master

Post Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:38 pm

Should specular attenuation be set to none in most cases? I've seen it set to fresnel and none quite a bit.
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:40 am

<<

Lollauser

KT-Fellow

Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:36 am

Really needed this thread, too bad i discovered it just now :oops:
However, thank you! :wink:
<<

alilou

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:15 am

help me please
-How to add materials (wood, glass, plastic, etc ...) in kerkythea? :!: :?: :cry:
<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:43 pm

Download material (*mat.zip) and the use File > Install Library > and select *.mat.zip
You can find plenty of tutorials from tutorials master list, inducing two different getting started guides
Please read this trough http://www.kerkythea.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5720
<<

alilou

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:34 pm

yes, it's good my friend
is very well
to the next. thank you very much :D :grin: :idea: :wink:

Return to Materials