[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - THERMO GLAS
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

THERMO GLAS

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

RAYMAN

KT-Explorer

Post Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:55 pm

THERMO GLAS

Hi !
Am working on cityscapes with skyscrapers at the moment and created
materials for my own project but thought if you dont kill me about the
quality I might share them with you. As I only render with MLT and MLT bpt they were created for that and I only tried some with other render
methods including path tracing progressive.
Most are not breaking the laws of physics but for the strong mirror
effect I was a little over that in some.... !
I tried them all and they are NOt slow !
They are made so they are transparent to strong light too !
some more and some less like real thermo glassing !
Material 21 is an example of a dark(black) glass with a gold reflection.
variing to your needs and colors they can easily be tweaked...
I post with them the matewrial previews ... hope they help !!
Peter

Get the Dark mirror glass material library from our
Attachments
darkglas intro 2.jpg
material 21 with MLT bpt and hdri
darkglas intro.jpg
material 21 with MLT bpt and hdri
<<

RAYMAN

KT-Explorer

Post Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:59 pm

all in the package I posted and rendered with MLT bpt !
Peter
Attachments
darkglas panel 3.jpg
darkglas panel 2.jpg
darkglas panel 1.jpg
<<

RAYMAN

KT-Explorer

Post Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:01 pm

Attachments
darkglas 21.jpg
This is No 21 !
darkglas panel 5.jpg
darkglas panel 4.jpg
<<

RAYMAN

KT-Explorer

Post Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:10 pm

Here is a test setup to try out the reflection and transmission !
You have to ad a hdri of your choice or a global !!!!!
Note that some of the light is disabled but can be turned on !
The tests are made with MLT bpt ..
THIS IS A SIMPLE SKETCHUP MODEL (SINGLE-PLANE GLASS WITHOUT THICKNESS )
NO FLOOR ... YOU ADD YOUR OWN !
Peter
Attachments
darklight testscene.jpg
with different lightsetups and material (MLT bpt)
dark light scene.kzx
(126.32 KiB) Downloaded 2665 times
Last edited by RAYMAN on Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Jon

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:11 pm

Awesome! Thanks, Rayman. :D

"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence"
~Robert Fripp
<<

RAYMAN

KT-Explorer

Post Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:22 pm

Glad it helps you Jon here are some more tests.
This time from inside the model to the outside.
Note the difference between the open door (hole) and
the windows panel in brightness !
Take care of your normals though on the window panes !!!!
These are semi transparent materials...
Note that this inside out was done with photon mapping and looks
very much like the picture I made with MLT bpt
Plus a scene that shows how the light beam actually go through this material !
Peter
Attachments
mirror setup.jpg
inside out.kzx
(7.96 KiB) Downloaded 1503 times
inside out photon.jpg
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:54 pm

=D>
thanks, Rayman... pleasure having you here.
interesting you use Vue and KT. When I found KT ... I dropped Vue... but it still is there if I ever need animated sky/water/vegetation... or apparently HDRi creation :lol:

<<

Frederik

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:38 pm

These are GREAT... \:D/
Thanks for sharing these, Peter..!! :wink:
Cheers
Kim Frederik

“…When a decision is made it’s important that you implement it quickly.”
<<

Dan

KT-GrandMaster

Post Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:41 pm

Great work, Rayman!
Thanks for sharing!
I'll put a couple of them to work right away.
Regards!
Dan
ArchiCAD // SketchUp // Kerkythea
Intel Core 2 Duo E 6400 @ 2,13 Ghz // NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT // 4 Gb RAM // Win XP SP2
<<

RAYMAN

KT-Explorer

Post Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:58 pm

Nice of you guys ! thanks for rthe comments !
Peter
<<

dentex

KT-Master

Post Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:43 am

wow, some of the coolest material out there!
thanks for sharing!
dentex
<<

Rafa

KT-GrandMaster

Post Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:36 pm

Rayman, I admire much your entusiast experimentation, and the fact that you obserb the things around you!
<<

RAYMAN

KT-Explorer

Post Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:12 pm

Attachments
city final2web.jpg
MLT bpt !
lens flare in post pro with knoll light factory....
Sun comes from Vue 6 inf !
<<

RedSquare

KT-GrandMaster

Post Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:46 pm

Last edited by RedSquare on Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fanners \:D/
_______
<<

RAYMAN

KT-Explorer

Post Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:16 pm

Next

Return to Materials