[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Patterned Glass
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Patterned Glass

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

Frederik

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:40 am

Sorry for not having been able to upload this library yet... :|
I have received it, but some personal issues have come up...
I should be able to do this on Friday - latest... (fingers crossed)

Thanks for your patience and understanding...!
Cheers
Kim Frederik

“…When a decision is made it’s important that you implement it quickly.”
<<

Sergio

KT-Explorer

Post Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:06 pm

Attachments
SyM-Office.png
<<

Isaac

KT-Warrior

Post Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:10 pm

<<

Sergio

KT-Explorer

Post Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:24 pm

Attachments
Ribbed.jpg
Pyramid.jpg
Squares.jpg
<<

Sergio

KT-Explorer

Post Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:27 pm

Attachments
Circles.jpg
Rain.jpg
Redded.jpg
<<

Sergio

KT-Explorer

Post Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:40 pm

Attachments
Bubbles.jpg
<<

rombout

KT-Master

Post Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:55 pm

Imac 24" 2.8 Ghz Intel Core Duo 4GB

Sergio

KT-Explorer

Post Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:58 pm

Hello Rombout I have followed some of your work in the forum and is great.

The scene is lit with ies lights downloaded from the GE site. The model of the office was made in sketchup with actual dimensions and the lights spaced out as you would normally do in real life. Inside the boardroom there are four recessed fluorescents and an indirect light hidden in the covice going around the room. There is also an outside window on the back wall.

I have found out after many hours of experimentation with KT that the more accurate your model and lights to a real situation the better results you can get. Sometimes in complex scenes there is no alternative to a high polygon model in order to get the nuances of light shade you see in real situations. For example the joints of walls etc are never a sharp 90 degree angle, furniture never have sharp edges, etc. I always soften the edges in sketchup with either the free round edges or bevel plugin you can get from smustard.com to get a nicer look.
This is the link to GE http://genet.gelighting.com/LightProducts/Dispatcher?REQUEST=IESRESULTPAGE&Category=Lamps_Compact Fluorescent_Self-Ballasted&SearchType=CatgSearch for all their compact fluorescent lights so you can download their ies files.
<<

rombout

KT-Master

Post Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:46 pm

great man,

yesterday i downloaded a new app to preview IES files... works better than gen3 which i normally used... i gives a nice preview of the 'beam'. also have a app to make your own ies files but i get errors from k, doesn't recognize the files.

I do like to bevel a lot as well, but to texture something afterwords is a big issue. I still need to learn to UVmap correct with blender so i can map my beveled objects. Did try a bit but didn't found a good working tutorial yet.

Thanks for your compliment... means a lot. i just started modeling and rendering about 9 months ago. And really do like, wish i started earlier. As im a graphic designer i don't really use K and SU a lot. But i like to play with them. Some times they come in handy to show my designs. Here's a new example i made yesterday. I made my own palms as well, which can be found under the model section (tree[d] palms.

Perhaps you got some tricks to lighten outdoor scenes better. In the beach scene below i got the light really nice. But the other picture showing the villa i draw for friend who is an architect i dont really like. Do in this image the render did had just a couple passes the lighting is really bad. Wish K had a better atmosphere settings. Today a new render of this image finished which is less grainy, ill post it later.

Thanks for the link will try it

perhaps this comes in handy for DoubleCAD its free and you can view cad and dwg files better. But think you got better apps cause your an architect.

IES viewer 2.0 - great app
Attachments
outdoorrender_mlt110_10h15m_495.jpg
BordBedprijzen_Jul2009.jpg
Imac 24" 2.8 Ghz Intel Core Duo 4GB

Sergio

KT-Explorer

Post Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:26 am

I'm not a KT expert but it looks to me that you should try a different sky in the global settings. Perhaps you can try the high resolution skies in the repository section. Also I believe path tracing is better for outdoor scenes. I remember Patrick posted a new preset for outdoors that you can ty out. I think it is in the tips and tricks section.

I'm not an architect but a designer of humidification and A/C systems for the tobacco industry and a cigar expert. I use KT and SU to do all the modelling for new cigar shops around the world. My latest job were the four cigar rooms at Dubai intenational airport. Nowaday clients have no time ..or patience!!!! to look at 2d CAD drawings and prefer to have a design idea presented to them in a way they do not need to use their imagination like in the old times, so I find both applications quite useful in achieving this objective.

I'm just waiting eagerly the new THEA render as it looks fantastic. It could prove a nice investment.
<<

Isaac

KT-Warrior

Post Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:51 pm

For a A/C designer....your render skills sure rock!!

Btw. thaks for the info.
<<

Sergio

KT-Explorer

Post Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:33 pm

Thank you man, much appreciated.
<<

rombout

KT-Master

Post Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:56 pm

Attachments
model_info.jpg