[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Rendering an Arroway texture correctly
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Rendering an Arroway texture correctly

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:43 pm

only in the real scene will you really know.
try something like this attached scene, just put your wood mat on the floor in this room. not ideal, but what I used for a while, it helped me for wood floors in a couple scenes I did.

or build yourself a raquetball court... just with one wall a good color.

I'd suggest putting the cam a lot closer to the floor, however. I didn't need it that high-qual in that particular case.
Attachments
WoodPlanks_PatPlastic_spec.5_shin500.jpg
WoodFloorTest.kzx
(6.98 KiB) Downloaded 240 times

<<

RobT

KT-Fellow

Post Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:37 pm

Attachments
Arroway_wood41_MLT_Fletch_150_passes.jpg
<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:36 pm

<<

RobT

KT-Fellow

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:46 pm

<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:51 pm

<<

RobT

KT-Fellow

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:53 pm

<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:06 am

Thanks, I'll take a look on this. btw... it's preferred to send link to this kind of material with pm or email. Unless they free textures.
<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:56 am

Reduce used IOR to around 1.3, IOR is now simply too high for this kind of material... There was also missing fresnel procedural for shininess map. Also looks like you simply have low resolution textures (free sample I believe). They are no good for close up. Recheck your material against the example and you find the difference http://www.kerkythea.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9768
<<

Mocki010

KT-Explorer

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:29 am

The floor should look like my samples below. I don´t know what you are doing at your side. There´s nothing special with the textures from arroway this are one of the best textures. I used them for a long time.
And the way i´m using them has nothing to do with "DIRTY" rendering.
And you should not tell other´s that material-downloads from this site are kind of "DIRTY" renderings. Those mat-pack´s are from long-time expericiend user´s ( Longer than you ) and i and other´s learned a lot from them.

There are only 3 map´s in there packs.

1. diffuse-map
2. bump-map
3. reflection-map

Put this map´s in the respective slot´s in the material-editor and let it run. I think you should listen to the advices you get here - Render it in a real room with light´s and sky and sun................

But if of course you want to make your own mat´s with your own mat-setup you can do so. But if this doesn´t work you should not ask for advices............ -Period-

:x
Attachments
Floor-Sample-02-1400-LR-FR.jpg
Floor-Sample-01-1400-LR-FR.jpg
<<

RobT

KT-Fellow

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:27 am

Mocki, your floors look incredible and I wasn't trying to imply anything by using the term 'quick and dirty'. Its just an English expression and I was merely trying to separate materials made in the old way and materials made the way Patrick suggested. Patrick's new materials contain a few more layers and took a little longer for me to understand what each layer was doing.

Your way was simply quicker and still produces very good results. I just couldn't replicate your results myself using the way you suggested. Perhaps this was the quality of the free textures? Are you using the free ones?

I'm sorry I called your method dirty. And yes, I'm not as experienced as others here but I'm trying to learn. Yes, I could just take a material from a material pack, but I wanted to learn more about materials.

I made a mat so that I could share the material here and get some advice on what I was doing wrong, not because I don't think the mat-packs aren't good enough.

There is no real room scene in this thread because I have never made my own one where I am satisfied with the lighting. If I could do one and be confident I was doing everything right I would try and do what you suggest and render a real scene. If someone would like to help and share a very simple one with me I would be very grateful and I'm sure I could learn a lot from it.

Thank you to everyone who has helped in this thread.
<<

RobT

KT-Fellow

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:31 am

<<

KarinaGM

KT-Explorer

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:57 am

<<

Mocki010

KT-Explorer

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:49 am

<<

LAPX

KT-Master

Post Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:21 pm

Mocki, your wall!!!
Can you please post a screen shot of your wall settings:)
So beautiful! ...oh an maybe the material?
Previous

Return to Materials